• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crossed Paths, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krilith

First Post
“Those stairs might go down to the level with the throne where we were before. With all the undead walking about. If that is the case, maybe the undead and the people we met here are connected. And if that is so, also connected to the sphinx? I’d like to see where it leads!”

Manzanita

First Post
Stairs

Dhormium peeks around the corner and peers down the stairs. With his darkvision, he can see that there is a portcullis of iron bars about 30 feet down. He thinks he can make out the bottom of the stairs about 30 feet further.

Jarval

Explorer
Thomas Hobbes said:
Octar dislikes the place immensely. "Let's smash it," he says, referring to the statue. "Or better yet, toss it down after the priest."
"I agree with Marcus, we should err on the side of caution for now." Brioc replies to Octar. He takes his place in the formation, loosening his scimitar in it's scabbard.

"Dhormium, what can you see?" He softly calls forwards to the dwarf.

Krilith

First Post
“Oddly enough, I’m hearing the sound of running water. There is a portcullis halfway down, and it looks as if the rest of the steps, I can almost so it, reaches about 60 feet down. That would suggest it’s about on the same level where we indeed met the undead!

But that sound of that water is having me think that we could also have reached the river where G’ruk helped us pass. Lets take a look!”

~The intent look on his face caused by the unknown tunnels ahead and his curiosity seem to say that Dhormiun does not wish to hear his fellows say ‘no’. Dhormium descends two steps and looks back to see if his friends follow~

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma.

Marcus hisses with surprise when he realises the value of the gems. Enough to keep the family in honey for a longtime.

"Those things are worth several hundred gold coins a piece," he says with a nod towards the eyes of the statue. "Taking them would be one in the eye for old Croeus, so to speak.

Asuming that is Croeus I suppose. Marcus gives the statue another look.

"But then again, people have a habit of taking measure to prevent others from prying out the eyes of their gods."

Marcus turns to see what Brioc wants to do.

Jarval

Explorer
"Leave them for now." Brioc cautions Marcus. "I suspect you may be right about there being precautions on the statue. If they're still here when we're done below, we'll have a go at getting them free."

Turning to Dhormium, he nods to the priest.

"Lead on. If we can find a quick way back down, all for the better."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads