Crossed Paths Part V

Manzanita

First Post
For what its worth, Octar, Brioc and Ehldannis do recognize the apparition that appears before you. I can't remember if Dhormium or Marcus interacted with him before he disapeared. Let's assume they didn't unless someone wants to go back and check. He's 6'5" and almost naked. It would be difficult for someone to assume this disguise without magical aid. Refer to the recruitment thread for a quick update on Ecgthow.

DrZombie

First Post
Brioc

"Ecgtow? No, you"re not Ecgtow. You're cleaner, you don't smell half as bad and your clothes are of too fine quality to be Ecgtow.

Welcome back, old friend. I reckon you'll have quite a tale to tell. Even if we can only believe half of it."

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma.

Marcus considers the apparation before them. Ecgthow. They never actually crossed paths, although the others mentioned Ecgthow on numerous occasions. The man went mad, if Marcus remembers correctly. A cold shiver runs down Marcus' back. Not the most reassuring portent.

"For give the lack of warmth in my welcome Ecgthow, but this is a dark place rather full of unpleasant shadows of people who should be long dead. Its a long way from Sevastopol. How did you come to be here? And who is you friend?"

Barak

First Post
Dhormium frowns, not really liking this new development, thinking that at best it will be an annoyance, and at worse a threath. He goes to speak, then thinks better of it, and stays silent.

DarkMaster

First Post
Octar recognises him, but is it really him. How did he ended up here, how did he survived the shadow, barely armed and armored and completly crazy, when the entire group had serious difficulty vanquishing them.

Is this another villainous idea of these forces of evil to trick us in lowering our guards to kill us more easily.

Octar stays behind letting the other do the talking while he observes him carefully, trying to notice something that could reveal his true nature (good or bad).

Manzanita

First Post
Behind Ecgthow's towering figure is an emaciated old man. He has the 'beaten dog' look quite familiar to the party now, from their experience with the Grassus, the human slave they rescued from the gnolls. In fact, this man could be Grassus' brother. He's a bit older. His once black hair is now mostly white. He's missing numerous teeth, and his bony hands clench Ecgthow's mighty arm tightly.

Inez Hull

First Post
Ehldannis exchanges a look with Brioc. Could this truly be the Northman who fought with us against the Wendol so long ago? His bloodlust to destroy them saw him forsake our quest and yet now he returns against all odds.

Wilphe

Adventurer
"I wanted to find you again; but I found only Orcs, pitiful wretches without the use of metal - much slaughter did I reave amongst them but they were very many and had giants amongst them, of a type I know but little about - and that from the skalds' tales. Their numbers were legion and I could not remain where I was."
"So I rode on and ran into the dog-faced ones. They ambushed me with Fell Sorcery and put me to herding goats," he rubbed the swelling on the size of his head with a degree of satisfaction and says with pride, "I proved to be a very bad goat herder."

"This man was a thrall also; he led me too a disused secret door only I had the strength to open. We ascended in a cage device and ended up here."
"I share no language with him. Perhaps one of you can communicate with him?"

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma

Marcus laughs at Ecgthow's pride in his lack of accomplishment at goatherding. It doesn't take much to draw a link beteen it and the bruise on his face.

"We have met the dog faced ones as well. It seems we have another appointment with them, although I am not sure that they know it yet. As for the old man, we can only communicate with those like him with the aid of Ehldannis' sorcery.

"I am Marcus of the Roma. I joined the Brioc and the others at Sevastapol. However, I don't think our paths crossed."

Remove ads