Crossed Paths Part V

Inez Hull

First Post
Ehldannis quickly mutters the arcane words of a spell and his eyes blaze with green light [cast Detect Magic]. He then methodically looks about the room, cautious to avoid coming too close to any of the skeletons.

Wilphe

Adventurer
Ecgthow's gaze settles on the secret door he opened earlier, and inspects the mechanism to see if the other door opens in a similar way.

"So, you know why I'm here. What are you looking for in this godsforsaken place?"

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma.

Marcus moves cautiously into the room. His eyes follow the chains up to the ceiling.*

ooc: lowered/raised up through the ceiling or down through the floor?

He takes a moment to look over the equipment.

"If we are going to be running into any more skeletons, I want something blunt, and heavy.

"Well, not too heavy. I won't be able to lift it."

If needed, he will assist whoever on checking the door mechanisms, or do it himself if need be.

He leaves Ecgthow's question to Brioc.

Manzanita

First Post
Searching the bodies, Tullius is unable to find any cloth remaining. Nor is he historically knowledgable enough to place the weapons.

The door on the north appears easy to open, as it is barred from the side the adventurers are on.

Rummaging through the detrius, Tullius does find several items which appear to have resisted the ravages of time. A warhammer and a large sheild are dirty and dusty, but seem quite functional. They are both made of a bluish metal. The sheild is carved with an elephant-like creature with eight thick legs and a long wavy trunk.

The 'elevator' basket is hooked on top to a thick metal chain which ascends into a dark passage above. There is a large lever in the basket. The underside is not visible.

Dhormium: [sblock]You recognize the metal as Adamantine. You were not aware that anyone but dwarves could locate and work with this metal. Yet the emblem on the shield represents nothing dwarvish that you can think of.[/sblock]

Ehldannis: [sblock]You recognize the metal as Adamantine. It is quite rare among elves, as only dwarves know of its locations and have developed the mastery to forge it. The shield in particular would be of great interest in your homeland. Ehldannis detects no magic in the area, other than that which he and his companions carry. [/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Tullius hand the weapon and the shield to Ecgthow. "Here, so you'll be able to defend and protect yourself. Strange making, but seems to be in good condition. Must be of some quality if it hadn't rusted yet."

Barak

First Post
Dhormium looks at the chain, and a frown comes upon his face. He gets closer to it, and examines it further. Finally he shakes his head, and turns away, looking at the rest of the room.

"I suggest we rest here, or at least attempt to. Sure, the decor is not overly welcoming, but we are in no shape to go further, and this seems as good a place as any. Come the morrow, I will do what I can to remediate to our weakness."

Wilphe

Adventurer
"My thanks Tullius," Ecgthow takes the Warhammer and takes a few practice swings with it to get an idea of it's haft and weight. Now that he has slightly better light he also takes a look at the shortsword and breastplate he picked up to see what condition either are in.

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma.

Curious as to how far up it goes, Marcus peers cautiously up the shaft.

"Would be nice to see some sky again, even if it is just a glimpse," he mutters. "Crawling around in holes under the ground is fine for moles, and dwarves I suppose, Dhormium. I'm sure its lovely for dwarves. But its not my idea of a good time."

--- also says ---

"I don't think much of this place for resting. We have three entrances, the Gods only know what lies beyond two of them, and the third leads back to those damn shadows. Thats a lot of potential for problems.

"Ecgthow, have you seen anywhere else with fewer doors that would watching? If not, perhaps back where we started would be safer. Perhaps ..."

ooc: May be about 24-36 hours before I'm back, so thought I would get it up now.

Remove ads