• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crossed Paths Part V

Barak

First Post
Dhormium shrugs, and gives his opinion.

"It matters little to me, I'll take whatever watch is left after everyone decided. With Clangeddin Silverbeard, Blessed be His name, on my side, I'll be in good shape for any watch."

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma.

Marcus is too tired to make an issue of it for once.

"I'll take which ever watch. Wake me when you need me."

With that he finds himself a corner and after a little food and water (if they have any) makes himself as comforable as possible and promptly falls asleep. Occassions mutterings and the odd strangled cry suggest its not an easy sleep.

Manzanita

First Post
The party shoves the skelletons out into the corridor from whence they came, with much noise, as well as cobwebs and dirt on gauntlets. Then they settle in for a rest.

Time is difficult to measure. When the party is still, no other noise is heard. The cavern is eerily silent. There is no sound or motion.

Mendicus is anxious. "Brioc, sir, now that we lost our supply cache on the surface to orcs, we only have oil and torches for another day at most. And food for only about 4 more days. Perhaps we should rest in darkness."

Different spell selection for the morrow?

DarkMaster

First Post
Octar looks at the Mendicus with a severe look.

"Most of us don't see in the dark, I don't think it would be wise to rest with the light off. If we were attacked three quarter of the group would be useless. By the time we would lit our torches or lantern, most of us would be dead."

OOC Are some of our magical weapons creating light ?

Velmont

First Post
"Yes, sleeping with light will allow us to see our enemy coming, but they would more easily find we are here too. Does shadows can see in dark? I suppose so... I doubt they do sound while moving, so our only hope to spot them would be with lght... let's sleep with light, but that will mean we have to find some more tomorrow. Take a good night, tomorrow, we will have to hunt some dogs it seems."

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Night, or whatever time period it is, passes uneventfully, for what its worth. This part of the crypt is eerily silent. Just when the man on watch is convinced he is hearing approaching footsteps, he realizes it is merely the regular breathing of his companions.

Eventually everyone awakes and feels somewhat refreshed, though no one knows what time of day it is.

Remove ads