Crossed Paths Part V

DrZombie

First Post
"Yes, let us proceed. And don't forget, it might be a nice green world, but it is filled with Gnolls who kept our friend enslaved. Onwards we go."

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma.

Marcus agrees with the others on this one.

He works his way past the trap and continues cautiously down the corridor.

DarkMaster

First Post
Octar looks at the underground world with amazement. As Marcus steps forwards he says.

"Aren't you all curious to see what lie beneath our feet. I don't know why but I have a strong feeling that our business with the sphinx probably has a lot to do with this world"

Octar not used to talk that much look around him to see the other reaction.

Manzanita

First Post
The party edges cautiously around the pit, and continues down the corridor. It turns sharply South at the end, continuing 15 feet or so, before emptying out into a room. On the party's right, there is a closed door, before the hallway ends.

Wilphe

Adventurer
Ecgthow sticks close to Brioc and closer to the old man. As the trapdoor opens he takes a look down, emitting a low gutteral curse as he realizes just where he has been, "Should we continue down we might find ourselves at the very roots of the world tree," he gathers spittle in his mouth and marks out a gnoll like dot beneath before letting his contempt fly forth.

"Hopefully that'll hit one of the bastards square on his stinky furry head."

He makes his way round gingerly, taking great care to make sure the old man does not fall and takes up a postion behind Brioc.
"Perhaps we should rig up a rope over that door? Or at least mark it? Does someone have some pitons? I would not like to be retreating in a hurry over that abyss and we do not know what is through this door."

Wilphe

Adventurer
Ecgthow waits by Brioc, "I'd think you should know, I've throughly searched this corridor and there is no sign of any book. Perhaps we might want to take a look at the door?"

DrZombie

First Post
"You're certain there is no hidden door? Odd. We'll try the door then." Brioc says. "Everybody ready?"

OOC:I have no clue who the rogue is. If noone volunteers Brioc will look for traps and open the door.

Wilphe

Adventurer
"I didn't say that there wasn't a secret door, just that there isn't a book out here. I'll take a look, about for one though,"
the norseman drops to his knees and begins examining the floor for more trapdoors before taking a look at the end of the hallway and the walls.

Velmont

First Post
Tullius inspects the walls, moving foward up to the door. Once he get there, if no one have inspected the door, he will do so.

Manzanita

First Post
The group proceeds carefully, but discovers no more trap doors.

As they inspect the door, they can't help seeing into the large room beyond. It extends beyond the range of torchlight, and seems to be a vaulted hall, with two rolls of stone pillars supporting the ceiling.

The door to the right of the entrance to the large room is old, but still firmly locked.

Remove ads