Crossed Paths Part V

DrZombie

First Post
Brioc

Brioc carefully follows, his scimitar drawn. He holds his wolf carefully by his side. He stops and inspects the old door, looking for runes or other scriptures.

Manzanita

First Post
The door is unmarked. In the room, the party strains their eyes. Ehldannis thinks he sees scattered bones of skelletons lying about the floor nearer at the edge of the light.

Inez Hull

First Post
An involuntary shiver hits Ehldannis as he peers ahead. "The dead lie ahead, and I have the horrible feeling that they will not be restful. I am beginning to like these catacombs less and less. If not foul necromancy then we will at least have to contend with something that has slain many in the room ahead, let us proceed with caution."

Ehldannis will let himself be overtaken by his companions as they file into the room and seek the solace of magic, going into a boldly intoned ritual. Thirty feet into the room a sickly orange circle of light opens up, accompanied by the whiff of sulphur and out strides the figure of a black wolf. [casts Summon Monster II]

Velmont

First Post
Tullius open slowly the door. "Can a torch bearer be near me, I want to see our shadow friend coming." and he cautiosly enter the room, going instinctively with silent step, even knowing that his companion make too much noise.

DarkMaster

First Post
Octar approaches the door covering Tullius as he enters the door. Octar keep an eye on the inside of the room ready to shot at anything that would appears in the shadow.

Manzanita

First Post
The party's attention turns to the large room. Ehldannis' wolf paces about, using its darkvision to explore, searching for enemies. It finds none, however, and soon vanishes into the same puff of black smoke from which it appeared. This great hall is lined with jet black stone. The walls, ceiling, floors and pillars are all intensely black. The entire hall also seems to be under a spell of silence, as no noises can be heard or made once the room is entered. The bones are ancient. Crumbled, useless weapons and armor are scattered among the them. Perhaps there was once other things in this hall, but by now, they all seem to have crumbled to dust.

Attachments

• level3.JPG
    level3.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 74

Velmont

First Post
"Seems to have nothing here... but thinking of it, havn't we turn in circle. I count four turn to the right... Isn't here that the shadow should have fleed, or we are now north of the circle room?"

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma (the rogue)

Marcus, having no real head for directions underground, takes a while to work out what Tullius means. It finally dawns on him.

He returns his attention to the room, moving cautiously forwards. As well as the usual traps, doors, monsters, he keeps any eye out for any blunt weapons he may be able to use.

ooc: * Search +8 * Spot +6 * Listen +6

Manzanita

First Post
The large room is empty of valuables. There are various pieces of detrius lying about, perhaps smashed in the distant past, or simply crumbled to dust. The door in the south leads back to a hallway where the party has been before.

Remove ads