Crossed Paths Part V

Velmont

First Post
"We still doesn't know how to reach the place where we have detected some magic. And we don't have what the sphynx asked for. Or we have miss some hidden door, or all of this will be found down there. Now that we are sure we don't leave anyone in our back, I think we could go down."

Inez Hull

First Post
"If we head out of this room and across the original shaft we descended from the sphinx there is still one door we have not explored. Although it points to the opposite direction of where I sensed the magic auras, it is still the closest place to it. I suggest we investigate there first."

Velmont

First Post
Tullius pause a moment, thinking about it. "True, I was forgetting that door. So let's go see what lies behind. I don't want to see our way back here bock by what can be in there."

DrZombie

First Post
Brioc

"Thank you, friends. Let us move, and end this, because I miss the open skies above me and the sweet shine of the Sun in my face."

Manzanita

First Post
The party traces returns through the large circular room and to the door left unexplored. The only noise they hear is that of their own make. This place is eerily quiet. The door itself is bolted shut from their side, evidently preventing whatever is beyond from escaping. The wooden bolts are old, and don't appear strong. No sound emerges from behind the door.

Marcus' lantern sheds the only light. It is approaching mid-morning.

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma.

Marcus couldn't agree more with Brioc. The faster they are out of here the better. But seeing as they have started this, it makes sense to see it done properly.

But he doesn't like the look of the door. Or more particularly, the idea that it is bolted from the outside. The fact that what ever is inside is surely dead by now is less comforting than it would normally be.

"I don't like this even more than I don't like this place in general. If I am going to open this door, can someone take the lantern. I want to be able to move quickly. And if we are going to open this door, we should be prepare for something unpleasant before doing so."

ooc: An Update.

Last edited:

Inez Hull

First Post
"Agreed", the elf wizard nervously mutters under his breath. He steps back from his companions to give himself a little space an quickly intones a sequence of arcane phrases. A glimmering wall of light takes form in front off him and the elf seems to grow in confidence and stature behind its protection. [casts Shield]

Velmont

First Post
Tullius moves next to Marcus. "Once the door open, leave me some place to your side. I don't want you to have all the fun. And at the same time, I'll cover one of your flank, and you one of mine. Octar, you think you'll be able to cover us with your arrows without finding one in my back?"

As Tullius stares at the door, he adds "One thing is good about bolted door. Whatever is behind must not be some spectral things like those shadows. Weapons should come more handy..."

DarkMaster

First Post
Octar subtley smiles at Tulius remark.

"I don't know, I will do my best" he answers, making a big wink. He immediatly gets his attention back on the door and ready his bow.

"Whatever is behind that door better be friendly or else" He thinks as the other open the door.

Remove ads