Crypt of Crimson Stars

Prof Yeti

First Post
Brodin Stoneheart - Ranger/Fighter

"Well my friends it seems we are not alone by a fair measure. And it looks like we are in there yard. Suggestions?" Brodin, in his usual deep brogue, says as he keeps his axe lowered but his shield up.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Since we are in their territory, let us wait and see what they do. They may simply hunt and leave. However, I would suggest getting under cover if they come any closer," Death Gift opins.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Grilok Hookfang Half Orc Druid

"I suggest we prepare for attack, the smallies of these wilds have reputation for not nice and their beasties may hunger. Let's not make move attack but be ready". The half-orc nonchalantly leans against his spear, his every muscles bunched and tense, it is obvious that the druid is prepared to throw his spear at the first sign of trouble.

eabha

First Post
Aalin Ranohrel, female human artificer/bard

Aalin agrees as she eyes the dinosaurs and their riders. "Yes, let's be ready. If I can be of some assistance in that area, let me know."

{OOC: Sorry guys! Bad sushi...ick. Am better now :) .}

Prof Yeti

First Post
Brodin Stoneheart - Dwarf Ranger/Fighter

"Well then...I guess it is their move. Lets see if they be neighborly or rude!" Brodin answers while keeping his posture relaxed.

OOC: Turning my head slightly towards the companions while keeping the riders in his peripheral vision.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Grilok Hookfang Half Orc Druid

"I worry for friend Arundel" the half orc mutters loud enough for all to hear "not good we be broken if attack come" he turns to Death Gift "You talk him over big space?"

Krauss von Espy

First Post
It seems clear that the three clawfoot riders have already spotted the party, so hiding seems out of the question at this point. Brodin, Death Gift, Grilok, and Aalin stand their ground as the halflings cautiously approach and halt their mounts about 30 feet away. It becomes immediately clear that the adventurers are unwanted on this territory when one of the halflings calls out, "Your presence on this land is not welcome. Turn back the way you came and leave immediately. You will not be warned again." The last statement is issued matter-of-factly. The halflings are holding shortbows and longspears and look very dour of face. They pause to see what you will do.

Arundel, meanwhile, crosses the stream and makes his way to the top of the opposite hill to try to spot the source of the smoke. He conceals himself in the brush at the top of the hill so as not to attract attention to himself. His ability to remain unnoticed is rewarded as he finds himself only a few feet away from a halfling warrior who appears to be keeping watch, armed with a light crossbow. The sentry is looking off to the west, and has not noticed Arundel. Beyond this first sentry, Arundel notices three other similarly armed halflings, but also something else that makes his blood run cold...a towering two-legged dinosaur with an enormous head and mouth full of dagger-sized teeth! The source of the smoke is blocked from Arundel's view by the massive beast, and he cannot tell whether there are other inhabitants of this apparent campsite.

Here's the link to the updated map....

http://www.freewebs.com/nrfc49/images.htm

MM35_PG61.jpg

And, here's a nice pic of the lovely pet the halflings keep.:D Actions please?

Last edited:

cool hand luke

First Post
OOC: Arundel spent the last half of his life living on the talenta plains among the halflings, and riding with them on war parties, Does he recognize any individuals, or at least know the tribe they belong too?

Krauss von Espy

First Post
cool hand luke said:
OOC: Arundel spent the last half of his life living on the talenta plains among the halflings, and riding with them on war parties, Does he recognize any individuals, or at least know the tribe they belong too?

No, sorry, this particular tribe doesn't look familiar to Arundel.

Remove ads