• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(CSRHoD) Creamsteak's Red Hand of Doom [IC]

Creamsteak

Explorer
Initiatives
Siobhan
Warren
Tyrla
Avril
Gurguannin
Hobgoblins
Larian
Cleric
Bladebearer
Hellhounds
Reinforcements

Siobhan: You step in and attack, your first attack misses and your second attack hits dealing 13 damage.

Warren: You move back to strike, but your attack just doesn't seem to get through the Cleric's armor. (3 rolled, +12 to hit)

Tyrla: Your eldritch blast hits for 9 points of damage dropping the Hellhound. I'm not positive on your wording, but I believe you want to stay here this round? However, I think that with Avril dealing with the Hobgoblin you wold more likely want to move south? I'm going to move your "token" south to represent this, tell me if you would rather stay where you are.

Avril: Your technique with the produce flames spell proves to work well, and you land the spell against the Hobgoblin dealing 11 points of fire damage. This drops the Hobgoblin.

Gurguannin: Gurguannin attacks the hobgoblin he's been on for a while and FINALLY lands the hit he wanted (by the skin of the +1 dwarven to hit bonus against goblinoids). He deals 18 points of damage, dropping the Hobgoblin in one good swing. He takes his move action to move towards the road.

Larian: Paralyzed. (2 more rounds to go)

Cleric: The Cleric sees that everyone seems to be after him after he paralyzed the elf. He attempts to cast a spell defensively (17 rolled +8). Siobhan recognizes this spell as Invisibility (and Larian does as well, but is paralyzed). The Cleric fades from vision, and then you hear his footsteps heading into the forest north of his original position.

Bladebearer: The Bladebearer is confused when the halfling disappeared, but is pleased to see he reappeared. He moves into position around Warren and attacks. 23 to hit. He does not miss through the Child of Shadow stance. He deals 9 points of damage.

Reinforcements: They all run forward, three drawing swords, three drawing their longbows. (Using S and L to signify the difference on the map).

attachment.php

Attachments

• Ambush.gif
    Ambush.gif
    71.4 KB · Views: 216

pathfinderq1

First Post
Tyrla peered cautiously around the corner of the old ruined farmhouse, taking in the scene of the evolving battle. She didn't like the look of the approaching reinforcements, but there were other matters to take care of first...

OOC: If she can see or sense the cleric, target him- if not, target the bladebearer. Eldritch blast +7 ranged touch (+8 if cleric is a viable target- he should be inside 30 feet), 3d6 damage.

Redclaw

First Post
Larian continues to struggle against the magical paralysis, his mind racing to develop a sound strategy for dealing with the enemies once he can act again.
[sblock=spells]spells left
0-read magic, detect magic, detect magic
1-feather fall, true strike, magic weapon
2-see invisibility, hypnotic pattern, scorching ray, bull's strength
3-dispell magic, fireball

spells active
Mage Armor --whatever's left of 10 hours since we started travelling
Haste--5/10 rounds left
Hold Person--2 rounds

Rod of Extend 1/3 uses left
[/sblock]

OOC-everyone who's hasted, realize that I used the rod of extend, so there are still five rounds left.

Zoycitenega

First Post
Siobhan Lilend - Cleric 5 - HP: 18 - AC: 25(tch 13, ff 23) - Spells: 5| 4 +1 | 3 | 2 +1

Growling about the damn coward, Siobhan turns to the more imeadiate threat - the bladebearer.

First Attack: 21
Damage: 12+2=14

Second Attack: 19
Damage: 12+6=18
Attacks ; Damage

Arkhandus

First Post
Warren the halfling, HP 18/33, AC 23 (t 18, ff 19)

Warren snarls again, "Blast it!" at the hobgoblin cleric's stroke of luck. He turns his attention angrily to the bladebearer, adjusts his footing, and holds out his blade in a more widely-threatening stance. Then he lashes out at the bladebearer, seemingly with two swords at once himself, yet only one blade remains in his hand after the attack.....

Siobhan notices that the halfling's position leaves the hobgoblin more exposed to attack now (the bladebearer is considered flanked as long as Warren and an ally are adjacent to him).

[sblock=ooc]Warren takes a 5-foot step around to square L-24, changing stances to Island of Blades, so now he and Siobhan flank the hobgoblin bladebearer.

Attacking with Shadow Blade Technique. Two short sword attack rolls at +12 for flanking. Damage is 1d4+5 base, +1d6 sneak attack, +1d6 cold if both attack rolls connect.

I'm rolling this one on InvisibleCastle, and the first attack roll with SBT is poor (14 total), so I'll use the second attack roll (32 total, natural 20) with it; no bonus cold damage, but at least the attack will hit. Since the second attack roll was a natural 20, and the threat roll was a 28 total, I assume it's a confirmed critical hit, for 7 extra damage.

Other damage was poor....a 6 for the base damage and 3 extra from sneak attack, so with the extra critical hit damage, a total of 16 damage.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Pinotage

Explorer
Avril - Human Druid - hp 28/36 - AC 19 - Spot +11 - Listen +11
Scarlet - Riding Dog - hp 30/30 - AC 25 - Spot +5 - Listen +5

Warren's voice rang out above the din of battle, and the urgency was like vomit in her throat. Thankfully the creature succumbed to the fire and flame in her palm, and by the time she'd spun around the tiefling had managed to bring the hound down as well. With a single barked command Scarlet and Avril dashed further towards the south, dodging in between the few trees and over the light undergrowth.

She spotted the battle easily, and the approaching creatures further down to the south. "Larian!" she exclaimed as she saw her held ally, and immediatly realised the danger he was in. "Attack, girl!" she growled to Scarlet, sending her towards the bladebearer, while she moved further to the east, stopping once she had a good view to the south. She could halt their approach to buy them some time. A few words and a sprig of misletoe later, and the ground and plants around the creatures to the south erupted in entangling roots. "The spirits of the land will not tolerate this violence!" she hissed.

OOC: Avril moves to M22, and casts Entangle on the intersection T/U 32/33. Reflex Save DC 14. Avril handles Scarlet to move to M24, and attack the bladebearer with Warren (Handle Animal +12 Vs. DC 10). Scarlet Bite Attack: +7. Damage: 1d6+4.

Spells Active:

Barkskin (Avril and Scarlet, +2 Natural Armor, 50 min.)
Haste (Avril and Scarlet, +1 Attack, +1 AC, +1 Reflex, +30 ft. speed, 7 rounds)
Produce Flame (Avril, 1d6+5 Damage, Extended, 8.9/10 minutes)
Entangle (5 minutes)

Spells Cast:

Barkskin
Produce Flame (Extended)
Entangle

Creamsteak

Explorer
Siobhan: You drop the Bladebearer with your two attacks, taking him down easily.

Warren: I'm moving you to the bottom of the Player Initiatives, before the Hobgoblins since I'm not sure what you want to do here with the Bladebearer down.

Tyrla:Same as Warren.

Avril: You cast your Entangle, the front most and rear most goblins from your current position made their saves, all others are entangled.

Alright I'm going to wait for Tyrla/Warrens actions then continue.

I forgot to move scarlet before I .gif'd the map, but I know she's been moved.

Attachments

• Ambush.gif
    Ambush.gif
    50.3 KB · Views: 105

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: with the bladebearer down, Tyrla will move up towards Siobhan, then let loose an eldritch blast towards the nearest (entangled) hobgoblin archer: +& ranged touch, 3d6 damage

Pinotage

Explorer
OOC: With the bladebearer down, Avril will command Scarlet to defend Larian instead, so her position will be next to Larion at K23, since Warren is at L24. Scarlet will ready an attack against anything that comes within 5 ft. of her and Larian. Note that Scarlet has Scent, so she can track invisible opponents within 5 ft. Scarlet Ready Bite Attack: +7. Damage: 1d6+4.

Arkhandus

First Post
(aww, that sucks..... Well, Warren will just curse in Dwarven a bit as he goes (cuz Dwarven's better for cursin' than Halfling!), jogging over to square M-28 to attack the adjacent hobgoblin swordsman, with his Shadow Blade Technique as he would have used against the bladebearer. No sneak attack damage in that case, so only 13 damage total from the mediocre crit. Not going to switch stances in this case, so remaining in Child of Shadow stance for concealment.)

Remove ads