• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(CSRHoD) Creamsteak's Red Hand of Doom II [IC]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Siobhan studies the room carefully, noting all the unusual markings of a foreign deity. She speaks up and says, "This was a shrine to Wee-jas, goddess of death and magic. This chamber seems to be used for her most powerful servants. These markings here, and over here, indicate that once someone is brought here they pass on, but then the soul is brought back and reborn in an undead form. Despite her ties to death and magic, she is not an evil deity necessarily. But that is no guarantee that whatever lies within is not given over to the hungers of the dead. It may be an ally, or a enemy.

That is, if anything is currently in there"
she amends as an afterthought.

Arkhandus

First Post
"Right. Sounds about as bad as I expected. So nobody touches anything in here or, I remind you, I will gut them just on principle. Nobody's crossing the magic gate to hell or some shadow-place you won't likely ever find your way out of. Nobody's touching the chained-down undead ogre coffin or whatever. And nobody's touching the stick that's probably maintaining some magic seal on the coffin or the ghoulish monstrosity inside," Warren says.

He continues with "We're all just going outside and you're going to walk yer asses over to Brindol or some other fortified place in the Vale, where you just might not get et by werewolves or dragons or slaughtered by gobbos. But at least you'll have a chance over there, instead o' dyin' slowly here to the wolves or another force o' gobbos. Meanwhile, we're goin' to continue on with our mission cuz it's important to the survival of you and all the other chumps of the Vale. I dunno anyone else botherin' to fight the Red Hand in the field rather'n stayin' put in some hole or village to wait fer certain death t' march on 'em."

The halfling is ready to get the heck out of here now and back on the mission.

renau1g

First Post
Pender will agree with Warren, starting to herd the people out towards the path they entered.

[sblock=OOC]
As curious as I am about what's inside the tomb, Pender most likely won't be, and would rather try to take on the horde. Oh, but it's so tempting, if only we had a kender around *shudder* never mind I take that back, nobody wants a kender around.
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Siobhan nods in agreement, better to let the being remain interred here. "We should ensure that this tomb remains undisturbed, perhaps we should collapse the tunnel. It would prevent the goblins from finding it and using the contents to their own nefarious purposes. Afterwards, let us press on and get these people safely on their way."
Siobhan will help the surviving townsfolk round up supplies and weapons, improvising where needed, so that they can at least fend for themselves if trouble arises.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Tyrla continued to stare at the various parts of what was an intriguing arcane puzzle. It was only some moments later, when the rest of the group had mostly left the room, that she gave her head a decisive shake. This was interesting, certainly, but it was too deep a riddle to unravel now- they had to deal with the horde.

Perhaps someday, when all this was done, she might return here. But for now, she followed the others out of the room, and towards the surface- though it was obvious that she was reluctant.

renau1g

First Post
Pender sees the female's disappointment and walks next to her, whispering "Don't worry, after this is done, I'll come back with ya, hell I'm sure larian would come along as well. Just don't be summoning Nerull and we'll be fine

Pinotage

Explorer
Avril - Human Druid - AC 21 - hp 55/55 - Spot +15 - Listen +15
Mandla - Riding Dog - AC 28 - hp 45/45 - Spot +5 - Listen +5

Avril nodded her agreement. "I agree with Warren. It is not our concern at this time what the people here were up to. One thing is certain - we need to ensure that those survivors are removed her for safety. That horde won't leave any alive if they are found." She turns to the older man. "I'm aware your condition isn't strong, but you cannot stay here. Besides, you have a werewolf to assist you in getting to safety. You cannot stay here as this place may turn into more of a warzone anytime soon. And we don't have the time to assist you ourselves - more important matters are at hand." She forces a half-smile, empathising with the plight of these villagers. Turning to her companions, she says, "Let's help them out of these caverns, provide them with what we can find or have, and set them on our way. Then I think we need to track down the Ghostlord."

[SBLOCK=OOC]OOC:

Spells and Abilities Active:

Extended Greater Magic Fang (Avril, Mandla, 16 hours)
Barkskin (Avril, Mandla, 160 minutes)
Air Walk (Avril, Mandla, 80 minutes)
Call Lightning (1/9 Used, 9 minutes)

Spells Cast and Abilities/Items Used:

Greater Magic Fang
Lesser Metamagic Rod of Extend (2 Used)
Produce Flame
Barkskin
Air Walk
Protection from Energy (Summon Nature's Ally)
Call Lightning

Level 0 (6): Cure Minor Wounds (3), Detect Magic (2), Guidance
Level 1 (5): Cure Light Wounds, Enrage Animal, Entangle, Faerie Fire
Level 2 (4): Bear's Endurance, Bull's Strength, Cat's Grace
Level 3 (4): Cure Moderate Wounds
Level 4 (3): Cure Serious Wounds, Flame Strike

Avril's Character Sheet
[/SBLOCK]

Arkhandus

First Post
Warren ushers everyone out of the creepy tomb/magic-doorway room and then enlists Pender's help in getting that chamber's door closed again. He proceeds to work on sabotaging the door afterward, assisted by one of the globes of acid he looted from the small lizardman thing so many days ago. "Awright let's go," the halfling says once finished.

OOC: Taking 10 for Disable Device of 25 to get the door stuck shut.

Pinotage

Explorer
Avril - Human Druid - AC 21 - hp 55/55 - Spot +15 - Listen +15
Mandla - Riding Dog - AC 28 - hp 45/45 - Spot +5 - Listen +5

Avril nodded in agreement to Warren, and then proceeded to assist Warren in his task of ensuring that the door wasn't capable of being opened again. "If we'd had another day, I couldn't collapsed the tunnel through magic," she muttered as her halfling ally worked. "Either way, I think what you're doing here will hold. We can always come back here afterwards..." Her mind wondered instinctively if there would be an afterwards, but she didn't dwell on it took long.

"Come, Mandla," she instructed, as she followed Warren to guide the villagers out. "It might be best to travel at night," she said to the villagers. "With an army the size of that horde, I'm sure they'll be doing most of their travelling by day. Besides, I think the werewolf will be less conspicuous during the day."

[SBLOCK=OOC]OOC: Aid Another to give Warren another +2 on the Disable Device check.

Spells and Abilities Active:

Extended Greater Magic Fang (Avril, Mandla, 16 hours)
Barkskin (Avril, Mandla, 160 minutes)
Air Walk (Avril, Mandla, 80 minutes)

Spells Cast and Abilities/Items Used:

Greater Magic Fang
Lesser Metamagic Rod of Extend (2 Used)
Produce Flame
Barkskin
Air Walk
Protection from Energy (Summon Nature's Ally)
Call Lightning

Level 0 (6): Cure Minor Wounds (3), Detect Magic (2), Guidance
Level 1 (5): Cure Light Wounds, Enrage Animal, Entangle, Faerie Fire
Level 2 (4): Bear's Endurance, Bull's Strength, Cat's Grace
Level 3 (4): Cure Moderate Wounds
Level 4 (3): Cure Serious Wounds, Flame Strike

Avril's Character Sheet
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads