• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Curse of House Thimbrall (orsal judging)

orsal

LEW Judge
Boog switches weapons.

At this point a wolf appears about 20' in front of the party, It lunges at one of the dogs, attempting a bite, but misses. Gerald meanwhile continues with more strange incantations; a couple of bolts of energy from his fingers each hit one of the dogs; you are now facing 2 wounded dogs, 8 unharmed and 1 dead.

Levin is next.

fuzzy

First Post
Where'd that wolf come from? Levin moves up to the nearest uninjured dog and slashes ad it, his sword trailing purgle energy.

OOC: Used Psionic Weapon.

orsal

LEW Judge
fuzzy said:
Where'd that wolf come from? Levin moves up to the nearest uninjured dog and slashes ad it, his sword trailing purgle energy.

The dogs are 40' ahead. You couldn't double move and melee-attack this round. Do you still want to move up?

orsal

LEW Judge
I'll insert Levin's action here when it's confirmed.

Keth continues to hold the line, readying his greatsword for when a dog comes within 5'.

Jann's strange words and gesticulations send another bolt of energy to one of the dogs Gerald had hit; Gerald's 3 HP damage plus Jann's 5 HP are enough to finish it off. 9 dogs left, one with 3 HP damage.

Ao'Thuir readies his javelin; Ridik readies his mace.

I'll post the dogs' initiative once I get Levin's corrected action.

orsal

LEW Judge
Four of the dogs surround the wolf, while the other five run forward to face your frontline.

Ao'Thuir throws his javelin as they move forward, but it falls short. (attack roll 9)

Keth swings his greatsword at the dog coming right at him, felling it instantly. (Readied action, attack roll 20, damage 11.) Levin does likewise to the one in front of him. (Readied action, attack roll 18, damage 4+6=10.) The second line of your party cannot reach the dogs with their weapons in hand, although they could move and attack on their next turn.

One dog can now try to bite each of the front-line fighters.
Against Keth: attack 16, 4 HP damage.
Against ao'Thuir: attack 11, misses.
Against Levin: attack 21, 2 HP damage.

Four dogs bite the wolf:
Attack rolls 20, 8, 5, 3. Only one hit, 2 HP damage.

. J G . .
. B K R .
. k A L .
d . d . d'

. d .
d w d
. d .

The dog wounded by Gerald's magic missile is the one near Levin.

Boog is next.

El Jefe

First Post
Boog stepped forward and joined the line to the right of Keth. He swung his staff at the nearest dog, the one attacking Keth, hoping to bash it's brains in.

orsal

LEW Judge
El Jefe said:
Boog stepped forward and joined the line to the right of Keth. He swung his staff at the nearest dog, the one attacking Keth, hoping to bash it's brains in.

... but misses (attack roll 9)

The wolf bites one of the dogs attacking it (attack roll 21) for 4 HP damage.

Gerald moves over and forward, drawing a dagger as a advances. He lunges at the wounded dog near Levin, but instead fumbles his weapon (natural 1).

Levin is more successful with his longsword (attack 22, damage 8). One more dead dog. I hope you don't mind my calling that one before you do. It's an obvious enough action -- if you actually wanted to do something different I'll backtrack.

Keth swings wide against his dog (attack 7), although ao'Thuir successfully kills his. (see above)

Jann, from the rear, sends another magic missile to the dog near Keth and Boog (4 HP damage).

Ridik and Kamdar next. Four dogs surround the wolf, with one more wounded dog in front of Boog and Keth. The rest are dead.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads