Curse of House Thimbrall (orsal judging)

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"Yeah, Gerald seems like a nice guy. Levelled-headed, that's for sure. You're gonna be okay, Hamlir?"

orsal

LEW Judge
Ridik: [sblock]Yes, the amulet does radiate magic.[/sblock]

El Jefe said:
"Well, you might want to talk to this guy", said Boog as he pointed his thumb at Gerald. "He used to work for your enemy, but seeing how that guy holds a grudge, he's hoping to find work with you now."

Gerald shows some sign of embarrassment as he says, "Good Mr. Thimbrall, for six years I have studied magic as apprentice to Xyran. He sent me to your family estate with instructions to frustrate your plans. But when I met your men here" (he gestures at the whole rest of your party) "they persuaded me to help them instead. Since I have also helped in the fulfillment of your job, I hoped that I could share in the reward, especially as, now that I have betrayed my former master, I obviously cannot return to work for him."

Thimbrall replies, "So you worked for my enemy, did you? That should be no obstacle, as you did switch sides when it mattered. I hired a group of adventurers to rid the house of the curse and secure the amulet, and offered them a definite reward: whatever was left in the house, other than the amulet itself, to be divided among themselves. I do not care whether it is a party of seven or of eight; if this group recruited you to join them, it is up to them to negotiate a division of the spoils. Do you intend to share the spoils of the job with Mr. Gerald?

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"Yeah, he did tell us exactly where it was." Kamdar smiles, "That did make it easy."

orsal

LEW Judge
Velmont said:
Orsal:
[SBLOCK]OOC: Continue to concentrate to know what kind of magic it irradiate at which strenght.[/SBLOCK]

[sblock]Second round of concentration reveals a strong aura. Ridik knows (natural 20 on Knowledge: arcana check) that a strong aura can take up to an hour to dissipate after the source of the aura has been de-magicked.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Ridik asks to Thimbrall. "If you don't mind, now that the magic of the amulet is gone, could you lend it to me. His aura is still lingering and I would like to study the residual magic before it disspate. I would like to analyze how that curse have been dispel. It would be interesting to store such counterspell at the monastery and it might come handy in the futur if I ever fall on another similar curse. If you want to keep it, I'll give it back to you in a few hour. ANyway, the aura will have dissipate by that time and I won't be able to study it anyway."

[SBLOCK]OOC: Continue to concentrate until the end of the spell, for study and to take as much information on the amulet as I can.[/SBLOCK]

orsal

LEW Judge
Velmont said:
Ridik asks to Thimbrall. "If you don't mind, now that the magic of the amulet is gone, could you lend it to me. His aura is still lingering and I would like to study the residual magic before it disspate. I would like to analyze how that curse have been dispel. It would be interesting to store such counterspell at the monastery and it might come handy in the futur if I ever fall on another similar curse. If you want to keep it, I'll give it back to you in a few hour. ANyway, the aura will have dissipate by that time and I won't be able to study it anyway."

[SBLOCK]OOC: Continue to concentrate until the end of the spell, for study and to take as much information on the amulet as I can.[/SBLOCK]

"Why certainly," Thimbrall replies. Ridik, holding the amulet, continues to focus his attention on it. [sblock]Ridik can tell that the aura is getting noticeably dimmer. He can tell there is only one aura, although (Spellcraft check 13) isn't sure of its school.[/sblock]

Remove ads