Curse of House Thimbrall (orsal judging)

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
After Ridik has looked at the amulet for a bit... "Well, I'm glad you're okay, Hamlir. Shouldn't we find Xyran now, though? Do we have any leads on him and his location?"[sblock=OOC]What's the total count on the loot? And how much can we sell everything for?[/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
"Shouldn't we find Xyran now, though? Do we have any leads on him and his location?"
Boog ignored the little mountain goblin puzzling over the amulet as he replied: "Well, Fredlar was supposed to meet him at the Morning Wench this night. If Fredlar hasn't beaten us back, and if Xyran doesn't know his assassins are dead, he'll be there waiting for them. And if he does know, we might still be able to pick up a lead there."

fuzzy

First Post
"In that case, let's just set up an ambush for that crazy wizard. I wonder if we could recruit some backup, just in case he brings undead or something. Where is the Morning Wench, anyway?"

Erekose13

Explorer
ao'Thuir waits for his reward patiently, he is looking forward to chasing down this wizard too and silently hopes that he will actually have some more undead to crush.

orsal

LEW Judge
wrap up

XP awards per person:
257 (6 rogues)
86 (6 zombies)
171 (4 tougher zombies)
193 (Gerald)
157 (11 wild dogs)
200 (completing the quest)
200 (roleplay)
800 (time spent -- Boog, Levin, Kamdar, ao'Thuir, Ridik)
700 (time spent -- Jann)
0 (time spent -- Keth)

Total:
Boog, Levin, Kamdar, ao'Thuir, Ridik: 2064
Jann: 1964
Keth: 1264

Please email Knight Otu and nimisgod when your character sheets have been updated for 2nd level.

Treasure:
unidentified magic longsword of House Thimbrall
unidentified magic cloak
buckle
necklace
110 arrows
5 suits of leather armour
5 shortswords
"An Annotated History of House Thimbrall" book
assorted books of lesser interest/value
125 GP, 130 SP, 3 CP

What do you intend to do with this? Are you going to get everything appraised/identified, or just divide it roughly? Sell stuff, or keep it all?

It sounds like all or most of you want a followup adventure, hunting down Xyran. I haven't got any plans for this (Animus intended Xyran to stay in the background), although I can improvise some if you'd like. Or maybe I'll post a request for any volunteer DMs -- I'm not attached to this storyline, and I'll fill in if nobody else wants to, but if the idea catches the fancy of a prospective DM I'll yield. If I do run it myself, I probably won't be ready to start before January 23rd (I'm volunteering a fair bit in the election, and will likely have more free time after it's over.)

El Jefe

First Post
orsal said:
What do you intend to do with this?
Boog is all for getting it appraised and dividing it 8 ways. Anyone who wants to keep anything can just deduct the value of what they keep from their share, paying the party the difference if they take something worth more than 1/8 share. And yes, he'll expect Gerald to get a cut.
Orsal said:
It sounds like all or most of you want a followup adventure, hunting down Xyran.
I'd expect we'd all go looking for him. But if you want to beg off easy, you can always say that locals say he left town, fleeing in terror for his life.

And thanks for stepping in to finish up this adventure! It turned out well.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
El Jefe said:
Boog is all for getting it appraised and dividing it 8 ways. Anyone who wants to keep anything can just deduct the value of what they keep from their share, paying the party the difference if they take something worth more than 1/8 share. And yes, he'll expect Gerald to get a cut.
Seconded
El Jefe said:
I'd expect we'd all go looking for him. But if you want to beg off easy, you can always say that locals say he left town, fleeing in terror for his life.
Actually, out of character, I'm fine with ending this. Orsal was kind enough to finish the adventure, but I'd like to try out other stuff on LEW.

In character, Kamdar would probably want to find this Xyran character and make sure he doesn't do anything like this again.
El Jefe said:
And thanks for stepping in to finish up this adventure! It turned out well.
Definitely! Thanks a lot, orsal! :)

Erekose13

Explorer
I think it best to let those who have picked up and used the two magic items to keep them if they want to. Then the rest of us can split the coin evenly. Who has the magic items currently?

Thanks Orsal for picking up the adventure and seeing us through to the end. I wouldnt want to pressure you into a sequel so having Xyran flee and leaving him public for another DM to pick up later is fine by me.

Velmont

First Post
El Jefe said:
Boog is all for getting it appraised and dividing it 8 ways. Anyone who wants to keep anything can just deduct the value of what they keep from their share, paying the party the difference if they take something worth more than 1/8 share. And yes, he'll expect Gerald to get a cut.I'd expect we'd all go looking for him. But if you want to beg off easy, you can always say that locals say he left town, fleeing in terror for his life.

OOC: I agree, but as Erekose13 said, for the big value magic item, it might be impossible to pay back the difference. Also, I suggest that the value of each item should be the selling price and not the market price, as it is the value we would get if we don't keep it.

Yeah, thanks Orsal for taking the game back on track. If there is a follow up, I might join up, but feel free to do what you want.

Remove ads