• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Curse of the Azure Bonds chapter 1: Tilverton

Scotley

Hero
Charum Human Monk

The monk returns the bow and thanks Vintal for the blessing and the guidence. "We shall not fail in our mission to take the book to Iron Dragon Mountain."

Raylis

First Post
Ferrik of Rasheman

"200 leagues is a long journey to deliver a book. I do not think we can make such a journey to this temple and back in two days. That is if you still want to go to the Princess' Wedding."

Voadam

Legend
Xi-Selorn giant warmain

"Aye, if we are to see if there is mischief with the wedding, as we suspect there might, the journey must wait two days. This will give us time to gather travel provisions and gear as well as read over the tome and learn its tale."

Scotley

Hero
Charum Human Monk

"Wise council. We should stay for the wedding and we need to prepare for the journey. What sort of terrain and hazards can we expect on this trip?"

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
I've never actually made the journey myself, so I can't speak as to what you might expect on the way. Perhaps someone with a knowledge of geography would have a better idea.

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
The book of lord T

Your first task on day 2 is to spend some time reading from the book you received from the Deneirrath. The book is a tome of history from the library in Phlan describing some of the long and sordid history of Lord T. It turns out Lord T's full name is Tyranthraxus, called the Flamed One by those who knew and feared him. Tyranthraxus was one of five of the dark god Bane's mightiest generals in the Moonsea area over 400 years ago. So great was his cruelty and ambition that he slew his four rivals and took command of all of the human and humanoid forces that had flocked to the black banner of Bane in that time. Eventually Tyranthraxus was slain in battle, but only his mortal body met its end; his essence had taken the form of an outsider with powers great and terrible to behold. The fire and lightning he wielded burnt the flesh and drained the souls of all who opposed him.

In 1075 DR the wizard Baron Schodt captured Tyranthraxus and held his essence in a vial of holy water consecrated to Lathander, but he could not destroy the essence fully. Within the pages is a passage taken from one of Schodt's spellbooks:

The essence must be taken to the last place of power. There the helm of the wyrms will find him, the sign of the beginning will be the beginning of his end, and the hand of the endings will end him.

The head librarian's notes follow.

the helm of wyrms is the only thing of these three I understand. It is a powerful divinatory device that I last knew was in the hands of Red Wizards of Thay. He needed to other items in order to destroy T's essence, but what are they? And where is this place of power he mentions?

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Charum

Charum reads the book with interest. "I hope that some of the questions here will be answered at our destination. I must confess that I understand little of what I read here."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads