• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Curtains #3 - Problems of One's Own

Rybaer

First Post
Velmont said:
"Me neither! You've been working? I mean, a straight job?" Lawrence says with a mixed surprise and laugh. "Electronic department, that make some senses." Lawrence come back serious " I suppose you've seen the news as everyone. You surely know my new hobby. Well, would you like to give me some help for my last assignment. Can't tell much now, but if you're interested, we can meet after your job, or maybe at your job. The sooner the better, as time is part of the contract."

"Yeah, I've heard of what you're up to these days," Jimmie says. "Not exactly what everyone expected from you...but still pretty cool.

"But what do you need me for? I mean, I suppose I could help out if it's not too dangerous. I'm supposed to close tonight, but I can pull a few strings and probably get out by 8 o'clock if that's okay?"

Rybaer

First Post
Keia said:
"How long has she been missing?" Steven asked seriously. If someone was in danger, then he needed to do something. But first, he needed to establish the veracity of their claims.

"Also, not that I don't believe you . . . but I would appreciate a minor display of your abilities . . . from each of you if it is possible," Steven requested.

"She went missing about a week ago," Nicole says. "She works at the public library during the summer. Last anyone saw her was when she left work for the walk home."

Nicole seems to shrug at Steven's request for a demonstration of their powers. She mutters a few words in a language that is completely strange and yet understandable. "Rise and obey," she says while twiddling her fingers in the direction of the coffee table. A half-consumed candle rises off the table's surface, floating gently in mid-air. Nicole directs it to fly in a small circle before returning it to the table.

Denise speaks in the same strange language while waving her hand over the same candle her daughter had just levitated. "Fire, come to me," she says. The wick sputters and sparks, then bursts into flame.

"It's not much," Denise says, turning back to Steven, "but our ability to cast spells has only just recently returned. We're having to relearn everything from the old books passed down through the generations."

Rybaer

First Post
Thomas shifts to his rocky form and begins to make the climb down. He flips a headlamp on in order to see where he's going.

The shaft goes on and on, a much longer climb in practice than it even looked on paper. He encounters no further traps or impediments, however.

Abruptly, a loud racket erupts from below. It takes Granite a moment to realize that it's automatic gun fire...echoing strangely through the tight quarters of the mine shaft. A couple bullets glance off his body, serving only as proof that he is the target. Granite doesn't see any light source below, but it can't be that much further of a drop if they're trying to shoot up at him.

Rybaer

First Post
Radiant said:
"L..L . let jer go... ."
It sounds pathetic but he gathers courage with each word and the power starts to flow all through his body, the sheer force lifing him a foot into the air. Sparks fly all around him as it grows in strength.
"Ijustmightdecidenottoturnyouintotoastifyoupissofrightnow."

"Forgive me if I couldn't follow a thing you just said," the man says with a sneer. "I take it you're trying to threaten me, though.

"Go ahead. Take your best shot. I might not be able to keep the girl up, though, and I doubt you'd be able to catch her before she splatters that pretty face on the road."

Jorgi notices that a faint, spherical barrier has appeared around the man.

Velmont

First Post
"Dangerous? Not at all. I just need a few informations that I am sure you can have easily and a gadget or two. I'll meet you at your store. Just tell me where it is and I'll meet you at 8 o'clock."

OOC: Supposing that the call end here...

Ok, I'll need some stock for that. Some aerosol painting, for the camera. A pepper spray, just in case, hope I won't need it. I'll need some lockpicks... it's been a long time last time I used them, hope I havn't lost the touch. Some black clothes. A balaclava and gloves.... with some luck, they won't know it was me. What else do I need? Let's start by fetching some clothing.

Lawrence take back the bus up to his appartment and take some black jeans, shirt, socks... and then go buy what he is missing (inclusding some black spray paint, pepper spray and locpickings tools).

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fate HPs: 4/4, Bath Robe of might.

Denise said:
"It's not much," Denise says, turning back to Steven, "but our ability to cast spells has only just recently returned. We're having to relearn everything from the old books passed down through the generations."
"I understand," Steven stated thoughtfully. He reached for his coffee and took a sip, giving him time to think for few moments. "It seems that you have bee nvery forthcoming with me and I appreciate that. I will do what I can to help you find Emily, that you can rely on. However, I have no idea what you are talking about with regard to the Sorceror and Dracos. I have ability, though it was self-taught. However, it appears that my ability works very similar to what you have just done for me now."

As an illustration, Steven focused his will and stated, "Words into thought," activating his Telepathy and focussing it on Denise.

'I have some talent at my disposal,' Steven thought to her. While he was speaking to her, he listened to her thoughts as well.

Radiant

First Post
Jorgi

Rybaer said:
"Forgive me if I couldn't follow a thing you just said," the man says with a sneer. "I take it you're trying to threaten me, though.

"Go ahead. Take your best shot. I might not be able to keep the girl up, though, and I doubt you'd be able to catch her before she splatters that pretty face on the road."

Jorgi notices that a faint, spherical barrier has appeared around the man.

He floats upwards himself.
While he watches the Russian and listens his mind reaches for his Cellphone and he sends a message to Fate. It is only his current location with a big "I need help NOW."
"K,youdidn'ttrytoshootmejustyet.What'supyouguysaregettingsoftorwhat?
Ifyoudon'twantafightthanwhatthehelldoyouwant?"

Realizing that it might be real helpfull to keep the men talking Jorgi does his best to speak normal but excited as he is it is just impossible.

Mimic

First Post
"Well it can't be much farther." He thinks with a smirk and although the weapon's fire wasn't hurting him it was only a matter of time before they brought in deadlier weapons. So Granite did the only thing he could.

He let go of the wall.

Rybaer

First Post
Velmont said:
Lawrence take back the bus up to his appartment and take some black jeans, shirt, socks... and then go buy what he is missing (inclusding some black spray paint, pepper spray and locpickings tools).

Lawrence returns to his apartment and retrieves what items he already has. A visit to a small handful of shops downtown supply him with the rest of his shopping list. By time time he's done with all that, it's pushing 16:00...still four hours until he's due to meet his friend.

(Anything else Lawrence would like to try to do first?)

Velmont

First Post
To pass time, Lawrence will try to find Gus. He'll will visit the places where he usually is. But he'll make sure that he won't miss his meeting.

Remove ads