Curtains #3 - Problems of One's Own

Rybaer

First Post
Keia said:
"Actually, I believe I will follow along, if you don't mind," Steven replied. "We could stay in contact . . . mentally . . . to pass the time on the drive. It's almost be like I was in the car with you."

The women pay the bill and return to their car. Steven pulls in behind them and follows their lead out of town.

"This telepathy spells is really handy," Nicole says from the other car. "Much better than a cell phone."

"We can take you back to the last place Emily was seen," Denise says. "Or do you have any other idea on how to best start looking? You probably have powers we are unfamiliar with."

Velmont

First Post
Lawrence walk up to the gun and looks at it for a moment. He then looks at the man. He do a step foward over the gun.

"I might help you... but if I try to give you that gun, the dog will attack me too. I'm not that crazy. You see, you did a big mistake. You attack there friend. Even if you escape, they will track you for the remaining of your life. They aren't bound by the law we, humans, have written. The only reason you are surviving it is that I am here. So tell me, why have you attack that homeless guy. I can't concieve a sane mind that would attack uselessly an homeless. You seem sane, so you must had a reason."

Rybaer

First Post
Velmont said:
Lawrence walk up to the gun and looks at it for a moment. He then looks at the man. He do a step foward over the gun.

"I might help you... but if I try to give you that gun, the dog will attack me too. I'm not that crazy. You see, you did a big mistake. You attack there friend. Even if you escape, they will track you for the remaining of your life. They aren't bound by the law we, humans, have written. The only reason you are surviving it is that I am here. So tell me, why have you attack that homeless guy. I can't concieve a sane mind that would attack uselessly an homeless. You seem sane, so you must had a reason."

The guy looks between the gun, Laurence, and the dogs nervously.

"Uh, what homeless guy?" he says. "I don't know what you're talking about. I'm just in the wrong place at the wrong time."

His tone isn't very convincing.

Velmont

First Post
"You know. But you don't seem to want my help." Lawrence turns around and walk away. With his first step, he sadly kick the guns away. "Oops... just too bad. You'll have to do more distance to get your gun. Seems the dogs will have some funny time." Lawrence stops near the doorway and looks back at the man. "You know, you seems like a good man, I can't leave you here... so I'll let you one more chance, but hurry, someone else need my help, and between you and him, I won't even consider it for a second."

Mimic

First Post
Granite hp 4/4 status: Alternate form -4 ranks

Granite will continue to back pedal into the tunnel that he emerged from, taking a shot at one of the two on comming lizard people.

ooc: The idea is to either A) get back into tunnel so they can't surround him and break the line of sight from the ray gun using lizard man or B) get the on comming lizard men to obstruct the last ones line of sight.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fate HPs: 4/4, Wearing: Stylish Tan Trenchcoat, casual clothes

Nicole said:
"This telepathy spells is really handy," Nicole says from the other car. "Much better than a cell phone."
"It isn't too bad," Steven replied in thought, "But it requires a bit more concentration than a cell phone . . . so don't go driving crazy or anything - or I'll have to cut out for a while."

Denise said:
"We can take you back to the last place Emily was seen," Denise says. "Or do you have any other idea on how to best start looking? You probably have powers we are unfamiliar with."
"I wouldn't mind checking your books and records first, I believe," Marcus replied. "Once I have an idea of what we're dealing with, we'll start where she was last seen."

Rybaer

First Post
Velmont said:
"You know. But you don't seem to want my help." Lawrence turns around and walk away. With his first step, he sadly kick the guns away. "Oops... just too bad. You'll have to do more distance to get your gun. Seems the dogs will have some funny time." Lawrence stops near the doorway and looks back at the man. "You know, you seems like a good man, I can't leave you here... so I'll let you one more chance, but hurry, someone else need my help, and between you and him, I won't even consider it for a second."

"Wait," the guy says. "Look, maybe I saw something that can help you out. What were you looking for?"

Rybaer

First Post
Mimic said:
Granite will continue to back pedal into the tunnel that he emerged from, taking a shot at one of the two on comming lizard people.

Even though the cavern has a relatively low ceiling, Granite manages to make a long, low backward leap that carries him past the two lizardmen who are trying to cut him off. He lands near the entrance to the chamber and pauses to take a shot at one of the two charging lizardmen. The shot goes wide, but they do seem to hesitate slightly in face of the attack.

The lizardman with the beam weapon no longer has a clean shot and has started to move forward (walking pace).

(Granite can feel his strength and toughness returning. Additional +1 to Body of Stone.)

Rybaer

First Post
Keia said:

"I wouldn't mind checking your books and records first, I believe," Marcus replied. "Once I have an idea of what we're dealing with, we'll start where she was last seen."

(ooc - Marcus?? :) )

"Sure," Denise says. "We can swing by the Lorekeeper's house. Though I have to warn you, she's pretty touchy about who she lets handle the old books. Most are in pretty rough shape and she doesn't even trust half of us to touch them...let alone an outsider. And she was among those who weren't very convinced of your identity as the Sorcerer."

"Oh Mom, she's not that bad," Nicole says. "You just have to know how to schmooze her a bit."

Denise chuckles over the telepathy. "You'd do well to listen to Nicole, Mr. Faturius," she says. "Nicole's been allowed access to all the records. She spends a few hours a week over there, taking pictures of each page with a digital camera for preservation purposes."

"It's pretty tedious," Nicole says, "but I've learned a lot. What kind of information do you think you're looking for? I can probably help narrow your search down quite a bit."

Velmont

First Post
"Wait," the guy says. "Look, maybe I saw something that can help you out. What were you looking for?"

"Trouble. And you, why are you here? What happen so you finish like this?" Lawrence ask to the guy, walking slowly back in his direction, stopping behind the dog who lead him here. "And you, growl if he lies, please." Lawrence adds, stroking the dog's head.

Remove ads