Curtains #3 - Problems of One's Own

Rybaer

First Post
Velmont said:

"They want to talk to me? I don't remember anyone dumb enough to kill someone's friend then ask a meeting. Generaly, it is the opposite, you talk and then you give menace of killing people close to you if you don't cooperate. It is the basic of fellony. Watch your back, your boss isn't the kind of people someone sane should work for. That's my advice.

Start by telling me who you are working for, what they want from me and what they lost that seems to make them so damn angry?"

"Oh, they haven't talked with you yet then? Huh. I thought they were going to have you retrieve their property. Some artifact in a case.

"For what it's worth, I don't care much for my employers. And it was only just recently that I learned that some of their activities were...'shady.' I don't even really know who they are. One of the others said that they're a group of powerful men who call themselves the 'Archivists.' I've never met any of them personally. I think they're kinda secretive."

Rybaer

First Post
Mimic said:
"Look, I don't know if you understand me but I have had a really long day and I am really tired, which makes me very ANGRY, now why don't we make this easier on both of us and you drop the ray gun down and get down on your stomache? Or we can do this the painfull way which involves me smashing my fist into your face, which ironically will help me with my anger issues... so which is it going to be?"

The lizard man gives no indication that he understands any of Granite's words. The tone, however, does seem to get through. The lizard man pauses and actually drops its weapon. Rather than surrender, however, it reaches behind its back and draws a metallic device from its satchel and hurls it toward Granite.

Given the grenade-like appearance of the device, Granite lauches himself into the lizard man and clear of the object's landing area. He drives his fist into the lizard man's chest with a satisfying cruch of snapping bone. A moment later, both he and the limp lizard man are flung forward by a powerful explosion. A fair bit more umph and fire than the grenades Granite has been familiar with.

Dust and falling rock temporarily blots out the light. When things finally settle out, Granite finds himself largely unscathed. The two lizard men who were near the blast cannot be seen any longer. The other is either dead or close to it.

Velmont

First Post
Lawrence pause a moment, looking at the man. "I've met them. They aren't very polite and didn't present themselves. I'll do a deal with you. You'll continue to work for your employeer. If I need you, I'll contact you. If you think of double crossing me, I have more than a way to make your life miserable. If you decline, I'll have no argument to convince the dogs to let you go. And if you accept, to prove me you are of good faith, you'll tell me who is your superior in thsi organization and how you contact him, or how he contact you."

Rybaer

First Post
Keia said:
"Well, I think I may want to look at some other texts first, before I go reading something that will kill me if I'm not this Sorceror you speak of," Steven replied cautiously. "Perhaps some tests that would determine if I was who you seek. Whether I am or not - I will continue to help. In fact, I would be interested in finding this Sorceror as much as you . . . that is, if I'm not."

The drive is just under two hours in total. Nicole and Denise continue to explain the nature of the Sorcerer and Draco, what they know of the two figures from their ancestors and the books.

Both are recurring figures throughout known human history, powerful magicians locked in an eternal battle against one another. According to the women, the Sorcerer has always been a defender for good, for the innocent. Draco has always been selfish and cruel, concerned only with attaining the power to conquer Sorcerer once and for all.

The women are among those who have historically supported and worked with Sorcerer. They've maintained the records for the last 500 years, since last he walked the Earth. In the interim, their own spell casting ability had diminished and eventually vanished altogether...until just recently. The witches are generally convinced that Sorcerer and Draco are due to renew their struggle on this world.

The women lead Steven to the small town of Vision Falls. It's an old, sleepy town, full of large Victorian houses with generous yards of green grass and magnificent oaks and elms. On the edge of town, they drive up to an old farmhouse. The barnyard is vacant and the barn crumbling with lack of use. The house is in good shape, however, and numerous flowers are in bloom around it.

A stooped, elderly lady is sitting in a rocking chair on the front porch, watching their approach. She gives Steven a scrutinizing look as he climbs the steps.

"Lorekeeper," Denise says, "this is Steven Faturius, the man we've been discussing. Steven, this is Esther Kalvestran, our order's Lorekeeper."

"Lorekeeper," Nicole says. "He is here to help us in the search, but first he'd like to see some of the records."

"Oh?" the Lorekeeper says. "And you'd trust our records to an unproven man? You, Faturious, what makes you think that you're the one we seek?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fate HPs: 4/4, Wearing: Stylish Tan Trenchcoat, casual clothes

Lorekeeper said:
"Oh?" the Lorekeeper says. "And you'd trust our records to an unproven man? You, Faturius, what makes you think that you're the one we seek?"

"Greetings, Loremaster," Steven stated, bowing slightly. "I don't wish to see your records until you are satisfied, ma'am."

"All I can claim is that I have a small amount of magical talent, Loremaster," Steven added. "If you require an initial demonstration, I can comply with that request."

Rybaer

First Post
Velmont said:
Lawrence pause a moment, looking at the man. "I've met them. They aren't very polite and didn't present themselves. I'll do a deal with you. You'll continue to work for your employeer. If I need you, I'll contact you. If you think of double crossing me, I have more than a way to make your life miserable. If you decline, I'll have no argument to convince the dogs to let you go. And if you accept, to prove me you are of good faith, you'll tell me who is your superior in thsi organization and how you contact him, or how he contact you."

The guy considers Lawrence's offer for a moment. Another look at the dogs seems to make up his mind.

"Okay, I accept," he says. "Can you tell the dogs that I'm reaching into my pocket to get my phone?"

He slowly withdraws a cell phone from his pocket. He punches a couple buttons and then tosses it to Lawrence. "That number is for my direct superior. Goes by the name of Iguana. I have no idea what his real name is or where he lives. When he wants me, he calls this phone."

Rybaer

First Post
Keia said:
"Greetings, Loremaster," Steven stated, bowing slightly. "I don't wish to see your records until you are satisfied, ma'am."

"All I can claim is that I have a small amount of magical talent, Loremaster," Steven added. "If you require an initial demonstration, I can comply with that request."

She studies him in silence for several long moments, then takes a sip of her tea.

"So, you don't claim to be the one we seek," she says. "At least you're honest about that. No, I require no demonstration of your abilities. I only require a demonstration of your conviction that you are indeed Sorcerer. Until then, leave me in peace."

Velmont

First Post
"Good decision" Lawrence take the phone and put it in the pocket. He then stroke the dogs head again. "Thank you, but that man is only the claw. Kill him and you just cut the claw of our enemy. It will regrow and the pain he will feel will make it more angry. He will be able to use his other claws too. It is better to strike the head, but for that, I need him. Let him go, I'll take care of our friend and then, I'll work on hunting that enemy. I have every reason to hunt them. If you agree to let him leave, just bark twice."

OOC: Supposing the dog agree.

"Thank you. Now, wait a moment before you leave." He then turn his attention back to the man. "We didn't discuss, I came here and just took care of you before you finish to clean the place. I surprise you and paralyze you. I took your phone and I told you to deliver this message to your boss: They are doing too much, if they want me to cooperate, they better relax a bit. They have it, no need add things to make me more angry. You can deliver that to your boss next time you see it. And one last thing before leaving, we will make it more beleivable. You'll see, it doesn't hurt, and you'll be only weak."

Lawrence transform into a spider swarm and bite him once, so he will be weaken but not paralyzed. The swarm transform back into Lawrence and he tell to the dogs.

"Now you can let him go." Lawrence leave as soon as he see the dogs leaving too. He will then go back to Gus, take him and bring him the fastest possible to the hospital. Taking a cab or calling the ambulance with the phone, the one that seems the fastest to him.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fate HPs: 4/4, Wearing: Stylish Tan Trenchcoat, casual clothes

Loremaster said:
"So, you don't claim to be the one we seek," she says. "At least you're honest about that. No, I require no demonstration of your abilities. I only require a demonstration of your conviction that you are indeed Sorcerer. Until then, leave me in peace."
"While I can appreciate your need for solitude, Loremaster," Steven explained. "I have no intention of leaving just yet. There is a young woman that needs my help . . . for me to do my best to find her, I need information. This information may come from your books and records . . .especially if it is related to the Sorceror/Draco dualism."

"And I think you know that . . . ," Steven added quietly.

Mimic

First Post
Granite HP 4/4 status: alternate form -3

"They always have to do things the hard way," Granite mutters to himself as he pick himself up and dusts himself off.

"They got some serious firepower though." He adds as he looks over at the blast area. Granite will search the body of the dead/wounded lizard man, not really caring if it lives or dies, he had been in the army too long to be effected by it too much one way or the other.

He will also check the weapon that it was using, if its workable he will take it along with him as he continues his search.

Remove ads