Curtains #3 - Problems of One's Own

Velmont

First Post
At this strange friendship manifestation, Lawrence calm himself a bit. He looks around, seeing all these animals who was watching over Gus. "Thanks!" he said to them, not sure if they understood him. He then looks at the grey and black dog in the eys and asks him "Is what that have done this to Gus still around here?"

Gus need medical help... I need to carry him to an hospital. After, I'll take care of what have hurt Gus... but I must not forgot father either. Couldn't all that happen on different days?

Mimic

First Post
"Crap..." Is all that he thinks before his insticts kick in, backpedalling back towards the tunnel that he just came out of Granite pulls out the two handguns, firing off a couple of rounds towards the lizard with the gun-thing.

Once he is out of the light he will try and change back to his stone form.

Rybaer

First Post
OOC - Apologies for the slow posting. I was out of town on vacation last week.

Keia said:
"I see no problem with . . . sharing the shower with you," Steven said with a smile. "They've waited a long time for the 'Sorceror' to arrive, they can wait a little longer."

Regardless of what happens there, Steven thought through any individuals he had met that might have some insight in something like there . . . rumors or stories even. If that didn't turn anything up, he hopped on the Computer to search the net for any information.

"Well, I suppose we can share," Maggie says with a grin. "But no foolin' around. Don't want to keep your admirers waiting."

Once showered and dressed, Steven considers any resources he can bring to bear on the matter at hand. None of his contacts or acquaintances seem like the sort to know about ancient sorcerers or such. He tries a few searches online, but ends up with a litany of unrelated garbage. With a few hours of effort, he might find something, but at the moment he doesn't know enough to refine the search much further.

Rybaer

First Post
Velmont said:
At this strange friendship manifestation, Lawrence calm himself a bit. He looks around, seeing all these animals who was watching over Gus. "Thanks!" he said to them, not sure if they understood him. He then looks at the grey and black dog in the eys and asks him "Is what that have done this to Gus still around here?"

The dog looks down at Gus' body, then back at Lawrence and shakes its head 'no.' He then trots toward the door in a somewhat enthusiastic or playful manner...as if trying to get Lawrence to chase him.

Rybaer

First Post
Mimic said:
"Crap..." Is all that he thinks before his insticts kick in, backpedalling back towards the tunnel that he just came out of Granite pulls out the two handguns, firing off a couple of rounds towards the lizard with the gun-thing.

Once he is out of the light he will try and change back to his stone form.

The lizardman with the beam weapon does its best to keep it trained on Granite. The other two seem to anticipate his retreat and move to cut him off. He's not sure how fast they can run, but judging by their long legs Granite assumes they could at least match him.

Granite draws the handguns and fires at the lizardman with the weapon. At least one bullet finds its mark as it snarls and doubles over, momentarily moving the beam off Granite. The others begin to charge from either side.

ooc - assume that Granite still has about 4 ranks of Body of Stone still active...it's not completely gone yet, nor is his strength.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fate, HP:4

Maggie said:
"Well, I suppose we can share," Maggie says with a grin. "But no foolin' around. Don't want to keep your admirers waiting."
"There's only one 'admirer' that I'm interested in," Steven replied. He took his time with Maggie, enjoying himself with her to show his appreciation . . . and more.

With an incantation, Fate placed his costume in his extra dimensional space for a potential quick change later. Some final attention to Maggie, then Steven headed down to meet up with Nicole and Denise. As he got closer, he tapped into the Telepathy (if it was still in force) with Denise.

Velmont

First Post
Lawrence grabs Gus, trying to figure how he can carry it without hurting him more. He finally find a way. He starts to walk back to the door. Seeing the dogs, he smiles "You're happy to see your friend have some help I suppose..." As he sees the hole in the door, he then understand. "You've made it. To come to help your friend. Gus is lucky to have you all. And I understand why you like him. Come on Gus, hold a bit, you'll have some help." Lawrence wil try to carry Gus to teh hospital, taking a cab if the hospital is too far, unless the animals want to show Lawrence something else, in that case, he will consider.

Rybaer

First Post
Steven walks the block to the Breakfast Nook. His telepathic contact with Denise has faded, but he has no trouble spotting them. Both had empty plates in front of them and Denise was nursing a coffee.

"Hey Mister Faturius!" Nicole says with a wave. "I'm so glad you're willing to help out."

Denise nods in quiet agreement with her daughter. "Would you like us to drive you, or would you rather follow?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fate HPs: 4/4, Wearing: Stylish Tan Trenchcoat, casual clothes

Steven enjoyed the walk to the nook to clear his head and concentrate on the task before him. He thought about his new companions and whether to include them, but decided that this was a personal matter, at least until there was actual substance to the issues before him.

Nicole said:
"Hey Mister Faturius!" Nicole says with a wave. "I'm so glad you're willing to help out."
"It's what I do, Nicole," Steven asked, "Did you enjoy your . . . brunch?"

Denise said:
Denise nods in quiet agreement with her daughter. "Would you like us to drive you, or would you rather follow?"
"Actually, I believe I will follow along, if you don't mind," Steven replied. "We could stay in contact . . . mentally . . . to pass the time on the drive. It's almost be like I was in the car with you."

Rybaer

First Post
The dog seems pretty insistent on getting Laurence to follow it, down the hallway opposite the direction from which he'd entered the building. Laurence reluctantly leaves Gus behind with most of the other animals and follows.

The dog moves quietly but quickly. It turns down a darker hallway and then descends a flight of stairs to another corridor. A few paces ahead, Laurence spots a pistol laying on the floor. In the dim light cast by the lone lit bulb down the hall, he can make out a good bit of dried or drying blood droplets on the floor near the weapon.

The dog stops near the gun and looks through an open doorway. Laurence carefully looks inside the room and can just make out a man in a dark suit, cowering in a shadowy corner of the room. A pack of large dogs sits patiently inside the room, just in front of the door, keeping a close eye on the man.

"Oh my God, help!" the man says in a ragged whisper. "These crazy dogs won't leave me alone! I think I dropped a gun out there. Could you maybe grab it and help me out?"

The man tries to stand, leaning heavily against the wall. He's holding his right arm, suggesting that it's badly injured.

Remove ads