Curtains Ch.04 - Shell Games

hero4hire

Explorer
Rybaer said:
ooc -

Just wanted to bump for a final plan. There seems to be a split between the direct approach and performing some further scouting. I'd rather not decide for you.

In the meantime, I'll shoot Cuervo an email and see if we can't get him back in this now that he's done touring for the summer.

I am for whichever gets the ball rolling again! :)

cuervo96

First Post
Velmont said:
"I suggest Fate could simply pass through wall to see first what there guys seek on teh floor over and then he just do teh way around a just look from a remote corner of form teh floor what I can see from here. Have you thought to learn how to turn yourself invisible?"

Soundtrack quietly clears his throat and whispers, aiming his voice so that it is as loud as conversation to his companions, but inaudible to their enemies.

"Ummm...Professor, you have telepathy, right? Well, if you float through a small corner of the floor, you can see them...and I'll do my best to amplify their conversation in your direction without them knowing it for you so you can relay what they're saying back to us. Maybe that will give us some clue as to what they're after and who they are. Maybe even station tarantula on the floor above us in swarm form so he doesn't set off any alarms, but can drop down on them through whatever hole they make if we're too late in stopping them. More information is better than less and it's always good to have a back-up, right?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fate listened to the various approaches and nodded his head. "It would not hurt to take a quick look around," Fate agreed. Once Soundtrack was ready, Fate uttered arcane words and turned intangible, ready to investigate the area ahead through the wall.

Mimic

First Post
Granite lowers his arm as the others agree to the need for more scouting. "What ever, but you better hurry, the longer we stand out here the greater chance of us being discovered."

Rybaer

First Post
ooc - Just a reminder that Fate cannot use Telepathy and Intangible at the same time...as mentioned as a suggestion earlier.

With Soundtrack listening at the door, and trying to subtly enhance any sounds or conversation from the next room, Fate goes intangible. He passes through a wall into a service area. He guesses at where the room Lawrence described would turn to the left. Floating up so as to be less noticable, he pokes his head through the wall and into the diamond exchange's back room.

What he finds is a large room, almost entirely filled with a walk-in safe the size of a small bus. Several men appear to be using torches to cut through the heavy metal struts that support the safe's weight to the building's structure both above and below the safe. It looks like they've already cut through most of them, at least on this side of the safe.

What really catches Fate's eye, however, is what is stuck to the safe at each corner. Large slabs of a dark green waxy substance have been attached and each bears an arcane symbol imprinted in the mass. Fate, through his recent studies, recognizes the importance of the seals - they are part of a strong ritual magic spell, and each seal helps augment and target the spell. What spell, he can't be quite certain of yet.

Fate, as well as Soundtrack, hears a voice from behind the safe. "How much longer?" "Two minutes, tops." "Good. I expect the cops will try something foolish soon. I'd rather not have to hurt anyone."

(Note - if Fate were to move fully into the room, it's very likely he'd be seen by one of the men on the near side of the safe.)

cuervo96

First Post
Soundtrack was feeling keyed up. Here it was...his first real action as a super hero. He tried his best to damnpen his musical field, but he had the feeling that he was not going to be successful; his excitement and terror were both running just to high. As the music began its slow crescendo, he at least tried to monitor it for some signs of how the ensuing battle would go.

"When the fighting starts, I'll do my best to keep them in a cone of silence so that we can talk with each other and they will each be alone...I don't know how long I'll be able to keep it up, but I'll do what I can," he told the others, directing focused waves of sound directly at them to avoid detection, all the while trying desperately to keep his soundtrack on "mute."

Remove ads