Curtains Ch.04 - Shell Games

Rybaer

First Post
The bound guard had been just inside the entrance to the diamond exchange. The exchange's lobby is well-appointed with mahogany furniture and several pieces of modern art. A receptionist's desk sits empty, as do the other assorted chairs in the waiting area. Two doors are set in the wall opposite the main entrance, both cracked open and appearing to house conference rooms. To the left, behind the receptionist's desk, is a solid wood door with a sign proclaiming "Employees Only." This door is closed, though there is clearly noise coming from behind it...the high-pitched whine of power tools.

On closer inspection, it appears that this door's locking mechanism has already been defeated by brute force. Someone didn't want to mess with the fingerprint scanner. While the door is closed, the latch has clearly been damaged and it would probably swing wide open with just a push.

Velmont

First Post
Lawrence make a sign to stay silent. He then move foward as quietly as possible and then listen more closely to what happening behind the door, before transforming into swarm form to take a look throught the holes.

[SBLOCK=OOC]+20 Sneak, +8 Notice[/SBLOCK]

Rybaer

First Post
Lawrence listens at the door, but doesn't hear much more than he did before - a mixture of power tools (mostly saws on metal) with the addition of a crackling blowtorch. It sounds like there is a little bit of talking going on, but it's too muffled under the other noises to make it out clearly.

He transforms back to swarm form and peers through the cracks of the door. Just beyond the door is a large room filled with benches. Each bench is covered with a variety of equipment, all very neat and clean. Lawrence recognizes some as microscopes. He suspects most of the rest are probably for studying and/or cutting and polishing gemstones.

Further back, the room veers to the left, making it "L"-shaped. It is over here that all the activity seems to be taking place. He can only see the back end of a guy standing on a ladder, doing something up near the ceiling. The ceiling and walls flicker with blue-white light from a torch somewhere further back. Whatever the man that Lawrence can see is working on is just out of sight around the bend.

Velmont

First Post
The spiders crawl back to where his companion are and they transform back into Lawrence. "It seems they aren't here for the gems... they want what is on the upper floor. I see no hostage, but the room is shaped that I cannot clearly see all and what they are doing or if the only man I saw is alone or is a human."

hero4hire

Explorer
"It is almost being too easy, no?" the Russian interjected.

"Well we are not being help standing around. Shall we?" he asked with a slight bow to Granite as if to say You first.

Mimic

First Post
hero4hire said:
"It is almost being too easy, no?" the Russian interjected.

"Yea, this has been way too easy. Either they aren't worried aobut us or they figure they have something that can take us out easy. Only one way to find out." Granite says with another shrug, he will get close to the door and take a swing at it. Might as well announce themselves properly.

Velmont

First Post
"Calm down... I didn't saw everything, there might be more I cannot see. When I was cought stealing by my father, it was when we didn't saw the second alarm, a silent one. Too easy like you just said." tell Lawrence, thining if it would worth teh chance to go spy. He knows he is quite good at sneaking, but is he that good?

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fate (HP:5) In uniform, intangible, flight

Fate concentrated and acivated his flight, then intangibility. He was planning on entering the room from a different location so that ther would be an element of surprise . . . also, he could hope to cut off retreat in the oddly shaped room.

Even more importantly . . . there were hostages that needed his help and he needed to find them.

That said, he wasn't going to act unless Granite acted and the call to attack went out. He hadn't suggested that and was waiting on the more military of the individuals to provide that advice.

Rybaer

First Post
ooc -

Just wanted to bump for a final plan. There seems to be a split between the direct approach and performing some further scouting. I'd rather not decide for you.

In the meantime, I'll shoot Cuervo an email and see if we can't get him back in this now that he's done touring for the summer.

Velmont

First Post
"I suggest Fate could simply pass through wall to see first what there guys seek on teh floor over and then he just do teh way around a just look from a remote corner of form teh floor what I can see from here. Have you thought to learn how to turn yourself invisible?"

Remove ads