Custom divine abilities, portfolios, etc.

No, you have only triple actions each round.
TRANSTEMPORAL (EX)
You can travel through time.
Prerequisites: Dex 130, Slipstream, Time Dilation.
Benefit: You can travel freely through time and are capable of performing three times as many actions each round (as you strike from the immediate past, present and future).
Special: An opponent with the Slipstream ability cannot be undermined through time travel (so you couldn’t go back to when they were born and slay them as an infant) but you do still gain triple actions against them.

The infinite actions is an unique ability of Thychen, the Supreme Being (https://www.enworld.org/threads/the...sent-to-you-thychen-the-supreme-being.514497/)

Aspect of Time (Ex)
Thychen leaves the ability to control time and space to himself alone. He can freely travel to destroyed existences, past timelines, future timelines, alternate existences, alternate timelines etc. He gains an infinite amount of attacks against any target, and can undermine any creature born from creation via Time including Transtemporal entities.
I guess they gimped it by the time it was completed. It was originally infinite. Kinda makes Transtemporal useless now since certain official WOTC spells of 9th level already allow time travel and Time Dilation allows double actions, then triple if taken twice, etc..

Obly99

Hero
I guess they gimped it by the time it was completed. It was originally infinite. Kinda makes Transtemporal useless now since certain official WOTC spells of 9th level already allow time travel and Time Dilation allows double actions, then triple if taken twice, etc..
Time travel with normal 9th level spells don't allow to change the time line like Transtemporeal allow (Time conduit) (https://www.enworld.org/threads/things-from-my-setting.689306/post-8903992)
The only way to change the time line is this spell Portals in Time - The Portal Through Time (Part 2) (https://www.enworld.org/threads/things-from-my-setting.689306/post-8906420)

Time travel with normal 9th level spells don't allow to change the time line like Transtemporeal allow (Time conduit) (https://www.enworld.org/threads/things-from-my-setting.689306/post-8903992)
The only way to change the time line is this spell Portals in Time - The Portal Through Time (Part 2) (https://www.enworld.org/threads/things-from-my-setting.689306/post-8906420)
Depends on the Dungeon Master and the books. By RAW, Dragonlance's Time Reaver spell doesn't (mostly because the gods themselves disallow it) but Call of Cthulhu d20's Create Time Gate does, potentially with disasterous consequences. Then there's 2E stuff if you allow conversions. The Chronomancer's Handbook's Time Slip spell, etc., etc., etc..

I allow it in my campaigns because time travel is a sci-fi/fantasy staple and there are even several well made splat books that cover it. Of course, messing with time can have it's own nasty consequences if the DM allows it at all.

The real question for my gamers isn't...
Can you?
The real question is...
How much do I value my own existence?

Then there are the powerful gods and guardians of time that punish meddlers rather harshly.

Addendum...In my campaigns, I'll still be using Transtemporal as being literally transcended beyond time vs. beings that lack Slipstream and triple actions vs. those who have slipstream, because to me...transcending time should literally mean you have transcended time in all ways.

Kinda like The Incarnation of Time in Piers Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality series. He could reverse time, speed it up, traverse it freely, act outside of time or inside of time. Time was essentially his plaything or tool. He had absolute and total control over it.

The only real defense against him would have been Slipstream, catching him unaware (entirely possible since he was once mortal and still has a few mortal personality quirks that can be exploited), and trickery.

Of course, by the time any immortal faces a Transtemporal being, said immortal likely has Slipstream and other defenses (Abrogate, etc.). So ungimped Transtemporal is really only nasty vs. creatures that shouldn't be going after Transtemporal creatures anyway.

Last edited:

Obly99

Hero

Divine Mesmerist (Su) [Divine]

Your divine power increase the power of your stare.
Prerequisites: Hypnotic Stare class feature (Mesmerist – d20PFSRD).
Benefit: The penalty of your hypnotic stare increase by an amount equal to your Divine Rank. If you have the Lethality Bold Stare, the penalty is applied to all Fortitude saves instead of only against diseases and poisons.

Divine Mesmerist (Su) [Divine]

Your divine power increase the power of your stare.
Benefit: The penalty of your hypnotic stare increase by an amount equal to your Divine Rank. If you have the Lethality Bold Stare, the penalty is applied to all Fortitude saves instead of only against diseases and poisons.
Oh cool! Mesmerist div abilities, I like it. You should make a couple to increase the range of the power as well, and maybe something to even add other effects like a bestow curse or something along those lines. Either way, pretty cool. 👍🏼

Obly99

Hero
Oh cool! Mesmerist div abilities, I like it. You should make a couple to increase the range of the power as well, and maybe something to even add other effects like a bestow curse or something along those lines. Either way, pretty cool. 👍🏼
I'm actually building a deity with levels in Mesmerist (I'm so sure EVERYONE knows about that deity, but no spoilers, when I finish I'll post it ;)), so expect more divine mesmerist abilities (and maybe even superior) in the coming days.

Last edited:

Obly99

Hero

Long Gaze (Su) [Divine]

Your divine power increase the range of your stare.
Benefit: The range of your Hypnotic Stare class feature increase from 30 ft. to your divine aura.
Special: If you have the Unearthly Effect Cosmic Ability, your Hypnotic Stare range increase to equal your your line of sight (if higher than your Divine Aura).

Cursing Gaze (Su) [Divine]

Your divine power curse your stare.
Benefit: A creature under your Hypnotic Stare class feature must make a Will save DC 10 + 1/2 your mesmerist’s level + your’s Charisma modifier at the start of each of his turns as long you continue to use the Stare on him or suffer the effect of a greater bestow curse spell (you choose the effect every time he fail the save) until the start of his next turn. Even if he fail the save, if you remove your gaze before the start of his next turn, the greater bestow curse effect ends in advance with the rest of your stare penalties. Despite replicating a spell, this is only a supernatural curse effect, not a spell or necromancy effect.

Last edited:

Obly99

Hero

Divine Nature (Ex) [Divine]

Your divine nature supports you.
Benefit: You don't age, don't need air to breathe, food or drink to maintain you, or sleep.
Special: Immortals automatically gain this ability, so it is really only useful to mortals taken as an esoteric power. If a mortal with this ability later becomes an immortal, allow them to take another divine ability.

Obly99

Hero

Chains of Hate (Ex) [Divine]

Your wrath does not allow you to fall and rest in death.
Prerequisites: Revenge portfolio, Undead type.
Benefit: You gain both the Dread Revenant (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/dread-revenant-cr-2/) and Wrathful Creature (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/wrathful-creature-cr-1/) templates with the following differences.
  • You don't gain the Rejuvenation ability of the Dread Revenant template.
  • You don't gain the Blood Feud ability of the Wrathful Creature template.
  • The +4 Cos of the Wrathful Creature template is instead applied to Cha.
  • You gain the Reason to Hate and Sense Murderer of the revenant base creature but instead of targeting those who killed you, it targets the objective of the Vengeful List.
  • Once per year (or when all the creatures on the list are killed, destroyed or used your Worse than Death ability on) you can change the creatures on the Vengeful List (they are still vulnerable to the extra damage in case of a critical hit), but you can only select creatures that have directly wronged you and you cannot select a number of creatures higher than your DR.

Here's an idea that I've had floating around in my head for the past few days!

NUMBERS GAME [DIVINE?]

Touched by something darker, darker, yet darker, you begin to see past the flimsy walls holding your foes together.

Prerequsites: This ability cannot be taken by leveling up, and can only be granted by a chance encounter with a certain man...

Benefits: You gain immunity to psychic damage and mind-affecting spells that are cast by creatures with less HD than you, and you know the amount of Hit Points that any creatures that you can see.

What do you guys think?

Remove ads