• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 2 Movie Preview at Gen Con!

Mark Hope

Adventurer
I felt that the first D&D movie perfectly captured the feel of the sorts of adventures I used to run when I was 14 or thereabouts. So I kinda have a soft spot for it.

"Beholders? Let's sneak around them!"

Classic stuff.

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
Akrasia said:
The first D&D film is a comedy classic! (Just be sure to have 3-6 pints beforehand.) I don't remember laughing so much in a theatre since.

I saw the first piece of dogswill in the theater.

After it was over I sat there open-mouthed for about five seconds ... and then I started laughing. And laughing. And laughing.

Loudly.

Fanboys up front arguing about how the movie HAD to be good stopped to watch the enormous guy in the back guffawing.

I'll probably see the next one too. I'm not going to hold my breath or anything. "The Gamers" was a better D&D The Movie than the D&D movie.

--fje

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
GlassJaw said:
I heard Paris Hilton is going to be in this movie. Will she be there?

WRONG. She is not in the movie.

Well I would like to see the preview. To bab I will be stuck here working and not attending Gen Con.

beaver1024

First Post
OMG. Would someone please stop the abomination from being born! :(

Don't they realise that making a movie about a game system is a horrible mistake? Please do something more productive. Make a gay romantic comedy with Sandra Bullock and Natalie Portman please. It would be less spewtastic than D&D movie sequal.

Turanil

First Post
Mark Hope said:
I felt that the first D&D movie perfectly captured the feel of the sorts of adventures I used to run when I was 14 or thereabouts. So I kinda have a soft spot for it.
Exactly so! All the odious clichés there was in the D&D 1 movie were indeed the same odious clichés we would use for years when running D&D games, including the absolutely non-medieval way of speaking of the protagonists looking more like teenagers having an argument around the gaming table.

On the other hand, was not Damodar supposed to have been killed in the first movie? :confused:

A'koss

Explorer
I would have preferred they hadn't gone the live action route (which I assume this is) and instead spent that money on an solid animated series geared more towards adults. It's going to be a very tough sell I think, people demand a lot of their fantasy movies these days, especially in this Post-LotR era.

Just my 2 cp.

Remove ads