• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 2 Movie Preview at Gen Con!

Tarangil

First Post
WayneLigon said:
Hmm. The second film shares almost nothing with the first film. No cast save with one exception, different director, different writer, etc.

I can only hope that those changes make a difference. The first movie sucked monkeyballs even though it did have it's memorable moments. My fav was the dwarf describing their women. Besides that the movie was shot for and with the mentality to cater to 10-14 year olds. Once LOTR came out I realized what the movie should have been like.

I'll go see the new one though, it should be fun and hopefully a little better.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Don't they realise that making a movie about a game system is a horrible mistake? Please do something more productive. Make a gay romantic comedy with Sandra Bullock and Natalie Portman please. It would be less spewtastic than D&D movie sequal.

Simma down, kid, we haven't seen a corny one-liner or a comic-relief Wayans brother yet...

Plus, one major difference, IMHO, is that the filmmaking world is a different beast now compared to when the first D&D movie was released. The experts in the field in the first movie had no idea how to do a good Fantasy flick. They were out of their element. It was treated more like a Fantasic Four or a Daredevil or an Underworld: designed on the cheap to satisfy minimum requirements.

Now, they can point to films like LotR and say "That's what we want. That's what we're trying for."

Once the movie world has something to mimic, the apes in H-wood can at least mimic human action. :)

MaxKaladin

First Post
I don't know if this is going to be a good movie or not but I think this movie should be titled "Dungeons and Dragons: Good lord, we're so, so sorry. Please forget that first movie ever existed and consider this the start of the franchise.", just on general principles.

Kai Lord

Hero
Psion said:
Mad Max I was no blockbuster, either. ;)
Yeah it was only a $350,000 movie that made over a hundred million dollars worldwide and was well received by critics and audiences. And that relates to the original D&D movie how?

Hey all! :)

I'm surprised by the number of pessimists here. Surely New Writer/New Script + New Characters/New Actors + New Director = New Hope!?

I for one will be looking forward to it. I don't need the movie to be the next Lord of the Rings to enjoy it, I would be happy with a competant fantasy action/adventure movie. I'll go to see this in the cinema, and if its any good at all I'll get the dvd.

One thing I am curious about though, is this the same movie that was initially set to be called "The Elemental Might"?

Oh and can we have a cleric this time around...please!? :uhoh:

Goodsport

Explorer
GlassJaw said:
I heard Paris Hilton is going to be in this movie. Will she be there?
Dagger75 said:
WRONG. She is not in the movie.

cryingface.gif

Henry

Autoexreginated
Let's not get mean to one another, please. :) Let's also not get mean to the movie until it gives reason to. ;)

I'm hoping some fellow posters will catch this preview and give us the scoop. It'd be nice to hear some objective opinions on the prospective quality.

And the returning cast member is Bruce "Damodar" Payne, if I understand it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads