• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 2 Movie Preview at Gen Con!

Anti-Sean

First Post
the Jester said:
I feel that her presence would likely only improve the movie if she wears little to nothing, it's rated Arrh!, and there's a lot more T&A than I expect.

Ugh. Granted, I'm not as "hip" or "with it" as the kids are these days with their long hair and rock 'n' roll music, but from what (little, thankfully) I recall of Ms. Hilton, she has neither the T nor A to which you so hopefully allude. Unless someone supplied her with a decanter of endless sandwiches, I'm afraid the only role she'd be able to convincingly portray in this movie would be a talking (note: 'talking', not necessarily 'intelligent') quarterstaff.

-Sean

Or perhaps a Twig Blight...

Drew

Explorer
Anti-Sean said:
Ugh. Granted, I'm not as "hip" or "with it" as the kids are these days with their long hair and rock 'n' roll music, but from what (little, thankfully) I recall of Ms. Hilton, she has neither the T nor A to which you so hopefully allude. Unless someone supplied her with a decanter of endless sandwiches, I'm afraid the only role she'd be able to convincingly portray in this movie would be a talking (note: 'talking', not necessarily 'intelligent') quarterstaff.

-Sean

Or perhaps a Twig Blight...

Hear Hear! I vote twig blight...emphasis on the blight.

Blue_Kryptonite

First Post
I'm with Frukathka, even though I wouldn't go to a Gaming Con unless someone paid me. A lot.

Anyway, I enjoy and re-watch the original. I'll likely enjoy the new one, if its not too pointlessly grim. I enjoyed Adam West and Michael Keaton George Cloony and Christian Bale. They were all fun.

The D&D movie was fun. Its a good romp through what feels like a real play session. I Play with my wife and kids. We don't get into the uber-grim, serious, gritty, "Michael Moorcock is too light" game style that seems to be reflected in the thread above. We just have fun being heroes. Like Ridley and the gang did.

So yeah. I'll go see it when it comes out. And I'll continue to love the original. And the D&D cartoon, which was fun, too. And that's OK... Cause if it is grim, and gritty, and dark, and stupid, I won't be calling for its demise or forever consigning it to be lambasted with overwrought adjectives. That would be inconsiderate of people who just might like something a little different, and can take themselves and their hobbies less seriously.

So.... will GEN CON 2006 be at Burlington Vermont or Albany NY? I really hate missing this stuff due to the crazy costs of transportation....

Goodsport

Explorer
Blue_Kryptonite said:
Anyway, I enjoy and re-watch the original. I'll likely enjoy the new one, if its not too pointlessly grim. I enjoyed Adam West and Michael Keaton George Cloony and Christian Bale. They were all fun.
But not Val Kilmer? :confused:

Blue_Kryptonite said:
The D&D movie was fun. Its a good romp through what feels like a real play session. I Play with my wife and kids. We don't get into the uber-grim, serious, gritty, "Michael Moorcock is too light" game style that seems to be reflected in the thread above. We just have fun being heroes. Like Ridley and the gang did.
It certainly was goofy fun! :)

And Marina (Zoe McLellan)... mmm...
heartface.gif

-G

Last edited:

broghammerj

Explorer
Well I would have to say that the DND movie has already been made and it's name is LOTR.

The best move they could make it to get the original Dragonlance stories and make them into a movie. The characters are more developed than Tolkien's and there is a great storyline of good vs evil in an obvious epic. I also think that they would draw on a lot of non-DND fans to attend. Everyone in junior high read those books, not just the DND crowd. The story was immensely popular.

Now the great debate is to do an animated film vs. live actors. Technology has advanced so much these days that I'm not sure which one is cheaper anymore or would look cooler in the end.

What do people think about the DND brand name? I think it helps the movie as much as it hurts it. My wife who despises me roleplaying loved LOTR. You put DND into the title and she is definitely not entering the theater.

Remove ads