[D&D 3.5/Eberron] A Quick One While He's Away

MadMaxim

First Post
"As my friend Rawhide said, we'd like to order some food and drinks. Furthermore, we'd like to rent four rooms." Gannon says while trying to ignore the smell of sweating sailors and cheap ale. Then it suddenly strikes him why the inn has a mark of House Ghallanda hanging outside. "And how come you have a mark of House Ghallanda hanging outside your inn? I'm not implying that your inn is bad, but isn't there certain standards that you have to adhere to in order to get that mark?"

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
"You want to eat a Xen--?" The bartender gapes at the shifter for a second, a bit stunned.

He recovers when Gannon addresses him. He smiles a bit at the last question. He's obviously heard the question before. "Why do we have the House Ghallanda insignia on the inn? It's because we adhere to the standards and policies set forth by the House — clientele aside, I'm not sure y'all would find better food anywhere in Storm Reach. At least not anywhere you can just walk into. If you inspect our lodgings, I'm sure you'll find them to be the equal of most anything in Sharn, at least as far as comfort goes. We may not look like much, but you'll perhaps wait until after your time here before you judge us." He pauses and continues. "Would the house special — blackened swordfish with some local greens and tubers — suit? We have a variety of ales and wines brought over from the mainland as well as some more exotic local drinks."

Krug

Newshound
"Yes, ales sounds good! And anything besides that... fish stuff? I had enough of the sea for a while, thank you," says Plonk.

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
"Anything besides fish? Well, yes, if you're willing to be a bit more adventurous. We have some peppered black apple boar, stewed hawk with brown sauce, and tumbili, which is a local delicacy."

MadMaxim

First Post
Feeling somewhat embarrased that he asked the bartender such a question, Gannon starts to order: "Well, I'd like some peppered black apple boar and a mug of your local ale. I'm feeling slightly adventurous." Afterwards, he looks for a table in the middle of the room where they all can sit down.

Ashy

First Post
"Nope, nope, nope...no fish for Rawhide. Mes wants a big big drink and a Xendrick, please..." Again comes the "Gannon-face" coupled with the "bushy-eyebrow-flutter"...

MadMaxim

First Post
Gannon waves for Rawhide to come over and sit down. "He'll have the same thing as me!" Then when they have all sat down, he starts laying down his thoughts for their assignment.

"Okay, we've come this far. Now, we need to figure out a way to get to that place that the person told Plonk about. I'd suggest we ask around and try to get a guide to lead us there, if it's an area that someone is familiar with. What do you say?"

Ashy

First Post
"I say mes hopes the Xendrick wes gettin' is good, boss." Rawhide grins and looks expectantly at the door to the kitchen...

Knight Otu

First Post
"Rawhide, we have talked about the Xen'drik misunderstanding before. It seems that the people here do not approve of that misunderstanding.

I agree, Gannon. That sounds like a plan that promises success.
"

Remove ads