[D&D 3.5/Eberron] A Quick One While He's Away

Ashy

First Post
Rawhide doesn't even know he's on a ship anymore, he only sees the red haze of pain and his own blood. He howls with terrible fury and again strikes at the creature...

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Initiative
Half-elf caster 17
Large, four-armed sahuagin 16a
Gannon 16b (roll of 15, +1 weapon, lower Dex than Sahuagin)
Plonk 13 (roll of 12, +1 Init)
Rawhide 10 (roll of 8, +2 Init)
Flawed 9 (roll of 4, +5 Init)
Starbuck, [De Vere] 8

Round 8
The ship sits even lower in the water, and the deck around the starboard ladder leading to the fo'c's'le is ablaze.

The half elf caster reads a scroll, and a green feathered arrow, slick with acid, arcs into melee, hitting the sahuagin in the shoulder [6 damage]. The creature howls in pain, rearing back and slashing at Flawed and Rawhide, who somehow dodge all of its attacks, ducking and weaving expertly.

Gannon slams his mace into the sahuagin's shoulder [roll of 16 on d20, +3 melee, total 19, hit; 5 damage]. The creature teeters, but somehow stays on its feet. It looks dazed, covered in its own inky blood and the slimy acid from the half-elf's arrow.

Plonk fires into melee one more time, his bolt flying high and wide of its mark [roll of 10 on d20, +2 ranged, +1 bless, -4 firing into melee, total 9, miss]. Rawhide is no more fortunate with his axe, missing the creature awkwardly [roll of 2 on d20, +5 melee, +1 bless, total 8, miss]. Flawed, too, misses [roll of 11 on d20, +2 melee, +1 bless, total 14, miss].

Starbuck drags his captain towards one of the life boats.

Round 9
The chest of the sahuagin heaves, it utters a raspy breath, and falls to the deck, unconscious and bleeding as the acid continues to eat away at it [5 damage]. By the time Rawhide finishes attacking the corpse, there's little more than a mess of scales, flesh, and blood on the deck.

Starbuck has the captain in one of the life boats, and the half-elf runs over to it. The mate yells across the deck, "Ye ken either join us here or grab the starb'd boat. Row straight into Stormreach and meet us at the Lyrandar outpost."

OOC: And combat's over. You can do whatever you like — I just need you to come to a decision about whether or not you head to the Lyrandar outpost in Stormreach. Once that's settled, I'll push this along.

Ashy

First Post
His lust for battle sated, and utterly exhausted, Rawhide follows his party blindly, going where ever they lead. Fatigued, he is not much help with the rowing, however...

Krug

Newshound
"Stormreach and dry land sounds good to me," says Plonk. A marksman I certainly am not, thinks the gnome to himself. "But did you see the shot into the sahuagin,before his bug chummy came? Oh that was a sweet one. Hah..you should have seen his expression. HELLO! FLAMING BOLT IN CHEST! I mean if you guys hadn't blocked the way with that elfy I'd have nailed the big lug. Pah..." the gnome continues going on and on.

Knight Otu

First Post
"I agree, Plonk," the warforged says, giving no indication whether it means getting on dry land, or Plonk's talk about his archery abilities. It makes for the nearest lifeboat, however. "Will it support my weight? Maybe I should walk?"

MadMaxim

First Post
Gannon heads for the lifeboat as quickly as possible. "Come on, people, I don't think we want to walk on the bottom of the ocean!" Waving for the rest of the party to follow him to the starboard lifeboat. Hearing Flawed's question, he looks at the warforged rather puzzled for a second before concluding the following: "Well, Flawed, I don't think you're heavier than any other human wearing a full plate armor, and I think they're capable of supporting that amount of weight, so you just get onboard in a hurry!

Krug

Newshound
"Oh Flawed you're hurt... let me fix that," says Plonk, as he moves his fingers over the construct's skin in a manner that some might construe as 'too friendly'...

Cast Repair Light Damage on Flawed, 1d8+2

Knight Otu

First Post
"Thank you, Plonk." Flawed says as it carefully gets into the lifeboat. If they could hold the weight of a human in full plate, why did none of the people on board use full plate? Propably some fleshfolk weakness it did not fully understand...

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
It takes the better part of another two hours, but you manage to row in towards Stormreach; Starbuck, De Vere, and the half-elf lag behind you by quite a bit, and you probably won't see them for at least another hour. The dockworkers stare at you, but don't say a word as you tie up your lifeboat. You can hear whispers about "the battle in the harbor" and such, but they avoid direct conversation.

The city itself is impressive, in a ramshackle/frontier town sort of way, the streets dusty and wide. Salt, dirt, and sweat combine to give the entire city an earthy smell. Everyone here looks tough; weapons are worn in plain view, and you see no guards of any sort, save for a few mercenaries outside some of the taverns and inns. By now it's almost mid-morning, and the day has slowly grown warmer.

Ashy

First Post
Rawhide, finally coming out of his fatigue, smacks his lips and looks up at the sun, climbing ever higher in the sky. "After dat, Rawhide needs a drink! Wot'ya say, boss?", he looks to Gannon hopefully, like a small child wanting a sweet from a store window...

Remove ads