• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D 3.5/Eberron] A Quick One While He's Away

MadMaxim

First Post
"By the gods, that's a big one!" Pulling himself together, Gannon mutters a little prayer to the Traveler and points at the giant sahuagin. "May the Traveler bring misfortune to your kind..."

OOC: Gannon casts doom on the giant sahuagin.

Knight Otu

First Post
I wonder if that creature is ill, why else would it be so overgrown...? It takes Flawed a second to realize that the newly arrived creature is hostile, and it shoots at the sahuagin.

Ashy

First Post
Rawhide howls, finally glad to see a worthwhile opponent. Growling, frothing, and spitting, the shifter begins to shift and rage and then dives at the giant fish-man with his great-axe chopping...

MadMaxim

First Post
After having cast the spell (succesful or not), Gannon follows Rawhide down the steps toward the giant sahuagin while yelling: "Never go in alone, Rawhide, that's a sure way to get united with your ancestors very fast!"

He'll get us all killed some day, I just know it...

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
OOC: Finally, my long week's journey into work has ended, and I'm getting back on a more normal schedule. I'll have a move up sometime tomorrow (I just purchased Dundjinni, which should make map-making far more bearable and a lot prettier). Thanks for the patience, everyone.

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
OOC: No Dundjinni yet (my dial-up doesn't like 100 MB downloads, and I don't seem to be able to use GetRight with RPGNow). Nonetheless, a move...

Initiative
Half-elf caster 17
Large, four-armed sahuagin 16a
Gannon 16b (roll of 15, +1 weapon, lower Dex than Sahuagin)
Plonk 13 (roll of 12, +1 Init)
Rawhide 10 (roll of 8, +2 Init)
Flawed 9 (roll of 4, +5 Init)
Starbuck, De Vere 8

Round 5
Gannon casts his doom spell, which the giant sahuagin shrugs off easily, and then moves forward, being careful to avoid getting needlessly close to the creature. Plonk follows the cleric's action by launching a bolt at and past the creature [ranged attack, roll of 11 on d20, +2 ranged, +1 bless, total 15, miss].

Rawhide howls, rages, and shifts before diving at the creature. The shifter ducks the shark-man's trident and hacks at the beast [melee attack, roll of 12 on d20, +5 melee, +1 bless, total 18, hit; 9 hp damage]. A fraction of a second later, Flawed fires a bolt, faring no better than Plonk [roll of 5 on d20, +2 ranged, +1 bless, total 8, miss].

Aware of the danger to themselves, their ship, and their remaining crew, Starbuck and De Vere abandon the lifeboats ("Oi, to hell wit' this, Cappy, we'll be swimmin' right soon anyhow," says the mate) and charge the sahuagin, rapier's drawn [actually neither one is actually charging, as they can't get there in a straight line, but they do rush into melee]. De Vere misses wildly, but Starbuck gets a good swipe in, taking a small chunk out of the monster's lower left arm.

Conditions
bless, 14 rounds remaining

Attachments

• The Unexpected Pt. 2 Rnd 2.jpg
    The Unexpected Pt. 2 Rnd 2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 71

MadMaxim

First Post
"Good one, Rawhide!" Gannon exclaims as the shifter's axe bites into the sahuagin's flesh. He tries to get up next to De Vere to fight the monster. Hopefully, Rawhide and the others will keep the beast distracted while I get into position...

OOC: Gannon takes a standard action to get into total defense (+4 dodge bonus to AC till the start of his next turn) and moves up next to De Vere to be able to hit the sahuagin.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads