• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D 3.5] War of the Burning Sky [OOC] [Closed]

concerro

Explorer
Character attributes

[FONT=&quot]Plavin - Elan(Psion-Egoist)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Level 2 11hp[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Initiative 2[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Speed 30[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Attack: 1[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Grapple: 0[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Space/Reach: 30[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]AC:13 (Armor Shield insight dex 2 , nat ) Touch: 12 Flat: 11[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Padded Armor
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Weapon melee: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mw Dagger (+1) 1d4-1 19-20[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Club[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Weapon Ranged: [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mw Light crossbow (+5) 1d8 19-20 120 ft[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]60 bolts[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Saves F: 2 R: 2 W: 5[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Skills: Autohypnosis 9, Concentration 9, Craft[sculpting] 13, Knowledge[arcana] 10, Psicraft 10 [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Languages: Common, Goblin, Orc, Giant[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Feats [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 Skill Focus Crafting[sculpting][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1B Expanded Psionics[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Abilities Str 8 Dex 14 Con 14 Int 16 Wis 14 Cha 8 [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Other possessions: Backpack[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5 sunrods[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]242 gold left[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Powers[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1 Astral Construct[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 Vigor[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 Force Screen[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 Inertial Armor[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 Energy Ray[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 Entangling Ectoplasm[/FONT]

Last edited:

concerro

Explorer
Plavin the Elan

Appearance: Plavin is a human(elan) about 5’6, weighing about 125 lbs with green eyes and brown skin.

Plavin was born to rich parents. When Ragnesia invaded his parents were killed, and all records that proved his parents ownership of various assets throughout the city were also done away with. Even though there were people that had the power to restore the possessions to him as an inheritance they took advantage of the missing records, and split everything between themselves.

Eventually it was decided the best thing to do was to tie up all loose ends. Plavin’s caretakers got wind of the plan, and escaped to Ostalin. For most of his human life he struggled to survive in this country. Shortly after his 21st birthday his struggle almost came to an end, not because he came into wealth, but the nobles from Gate Pass had found where he had been hidden. Assassins killed his foster parents and left him for dead.

For a period of time before the attack took place he was being watched. A group of people he had never seen before were standing over him when he awoke. They told him the fate of his family, but they had no answers as to who the attackers were. He lived with them for a while before he was asked if he would like to have a new life. Not exactly understanding the nature of the question, he asked for an explanation. It was at this time the people revealed to him that they were Elans, a theoretically immortal race. He accepted the invitation, and was taught how to harness psionic powers. Sometimes people try to ignore a hard truth, embrace the truth is sometimes the only way to cleanse the soul. He knew what he had to do. They did not want him to go, but he would never be at peace until he knew the details of his previous life. Not knowing what dangers would arise if he was discovered he decided to keep to himself once he got to Gate Pass.

At this point in the story he has met a few people, but has not made a lot of progress as to the reason for previous events in his life. One day he gets an invitation from the resistance, not really wanting to get involved, but knowing his “magic abilities” might lead to him being hunted, he decides it is best to at least heat them out.

renau1g

First Post
Putting together a rogue/swordsage is pretty ineffective at this level... +0 BAB plus lower str is not a great combo :(

Are you ok with a straight up swordsage? Also, how many PC's are you planning to take?

Rhun

First Post
Still here, still interested in playing an arcane caster...but as noted it will be mid-next week before I have a PC together, since I am out of town. :)

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Recruiting closed!

It's been a week and we have 7 people who expressed some interest, so I'm going to close recruiting. This thread is now for OOC discussion!

Jemal: Rashelle looks fine.

concerro: Plavin looks good, except for a couple things. First, his bonus feat - what's "Expanded Psionics"? Second, you should post your total power points.

renau1g: Straight swordsage works. Or you could start as swordsage 2 and then start taking rogue levels. Build whichever you want. I don't like fractional BAB (or saves, etc.).

With Rhun not being able to get a character together until sometime next week, we'll wait until at least then before we get started. In the meantime, I'll start an IC thread and start posting different PC's hooks.

As far has which PCs will be playing, I'm planning on starting with everyone who's expressed interest, which is:
  • Arkhandus - male elven crusader Liiros Tivaniel
  • magic_gathering2001 - femal human commander Illiana Vresk
  • Lucien505 - air goblin binder/warlock
  • renau1g - human rogue/swordsage
  • concerro - male elan psion Plavin
  • Jemal - femal human favored soul Rashelle
  • Rhun - wizard
renau1g is reworking his PC so that he won't be terrible at level 2. Rhun is out of town and should have something in the middle of the coming week. The only person I haven't really heard anything from is Lucien505.

renau1g

First Post
Hmmmm......well I've got two ideas now. 1 is the original, but modified slightly so that the PC is trying to get into the Knighthood. The other would be that he started off in the knights and received the martial training first, with a goal of becoming an "infiltrator"

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Hmmmm......well I've got two ideas now. 1 is the original, but modified slightly so that the PC is trying to get into the Knighthood. The other would be that he started off in the knights and received the martial training first, with a goal of becoming an "infiltrator"
Either one of those is fine. There's at least one other knight in the party, so they could induct you if you don't want to start out a knight. Don't worry about the fitting into the mod - WotBS is written how it's written. I'll adjust it as I can to fit the characters, but I'll only be able to change it so much.

My attitude on building characters is that you either have a personality you want to play and you manage the stats to facilitate playing that character, or you have a build you want to play and you design the personality so the build is fun to roleplay. If you like both personalities the same, pick the build that'll be more fun.

Jemal

Adventurer
My attitude on building characters is that you either have a personality you want to play and you manage the stats to facilitate playing that character, or you have a build you want to play and you design the personality so the build is fun to roleplay. If you like both personalities the same, pick the build that'll be more fun.

I knew I liked you :D Exactly the direction I come from.

Also, how detailed do you like gear lists to be? Do i need to list each individual piece of gear (crowbar, 200' silk rope, grappling hook, etc) or would you be ok with a more generalized "50GP adventuring gear"? (This is what I currently have on the sheet, which is why I'm asking)

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Also, how detailed do you like gear lists to be? Do i need to list each individual piece of gear (crowbar, 200' silk rope, grappling hook, etc) or would you be ok with a more generalized "50GP adventuring gear"? (This is what I currently have on the sheet, which is why I'm asking)
"50gp of adventuring gear" is fine in general. However, one person's adventuring gear is another's superfluous weight. I'm the final arbiter of what you could have in your kit. I have no problem with torches, food, water, bedrolls, and some sort of pack to carry it in. I'm sure there's other stuff in there, too, but I don't know what. So if there's anything you really want to make sure that your PC has other than what I listed, buy it and list it explicitly.

Remove ads