• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D 3.5] War of the Burning Sky [OOC] [Closed]

renau1g

First Post
Just because you've seen how cool my rogue/swordsage is in your RHoD game doesn't mean you can steal my build! :D LOL.

*Curse you Rhun! My master plan is thwarted... just kidding, I love the swordsage (fav PC in 3.5e), but we need a rogue as well... so yeah...

If you place any emphasis on reliability of players, you can look at my track record. I've never dropped a game in the 4+ years I've been a member here, I'm a frequent poster, and I'm running two long-term games of my own.

I'd recommend Rhun as a player as I've been in a few games with him and definitely agree with the above.

Arkhandus

First Post
Yeah, I'm pretty reliable as well. I'm active in several PbPs here and one on Play-by-Web, have been for 1-2 years, and always manage to keep up with the pace of the other posters in those PbPs. I check stuff and post every day.

I'll have my Elven Crusader posted today. Just reading stuff from the WotBS Player's Guide and working on my character's background.

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Jamal said:
your original post says spells are core only, but later you mentioned vigor. Could I take Lesser Vigor as a spell or not? OR maybe a wand of it to help out with between-fight healing?
If the party doesn't have any innate healing, I was going to relax my restrictions a little bit. But if there's a druid or favored soul in the party, I'm going to keep it to core spells only.
concerro said:
What DR affecting powers? I guess I have some homework to do.

Power level is basically optimization level. In other words how well the PC is built, but if you are telling me about DR powers that I don't know about I guess I might need to step my game up instead of stepping down.

PS: I want to play an Elan. If that is not ok I will go human.
re: DR and powers, just read CPsi. It effectively erratas a number of different powers and rules from XPH. I'm using all of the CPsi rules except for the one that says that powers that do "weapon-like" damage (slashing, piercing, and/or bashing) are affected by DR. That one's dumb.

Moderate optimization is fine, as is playing an elan.
Rhun said:
I'd be interested in playing an arcane caster of some sort, likely a wizard. Complete Mage and Complete Arcane are acceptable sources, correct? Also, please note, I have limited access the next few days, so I likely wouldn't have a complete build until next week. I'd hate to miss out on this game, though.
CArc and CMage are both allowed for feats and PClasses. I'm not as familiar with CMage, so it's a little more likely that I'll nix something from it, but don't take that as a reason to not put up a skeleton using stuff from it.

Selecting Players
As far as picking players, my concerns are 1) getting players to keep the game from falling apart in five months and 2) putting a party together that will be good for the planned compaign. As to how I'll figure out all that from the posts in this thread, I'm not really sure yet. I'll work something out over the weekend.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
pneumatik said:
Originally Posted by Jamal
.... even the quote button is misspelling my name now? I R Sad. :(

Allright, workin on char now, i decided to go with the favoured soul, should be posted up soon.

BTW, I'm not too informed on this setting, so I was wondering how much background are you looking for? Cuz mine's bound to be a bit thin in places due to my lack of setting info.

Rhun

First Post
I am a noob to PbP. Do I have to post X times per day or do we all meet(online) at the same time and post back and forth?

Generally, you just post when you can. A good rule of thumb for a fairly fast paced game is a post a day, but most games tend to slow down to a pace of a post every couple of days. It really depends on the DM for each game, though.

concerro

Explorer
Just because you've seen how cool my rogue/swordsage is in your RHoD game doesn't mean you can steal my build! :D LOL.

To pneumatik:

I'd be interested in playing an arcane caster of some sort, likely a wizard. Complete Mage and Complete Arcane are acceptable sources, correct? Also, please note, I have limited access the next few days, so I likely wouldn't have a complete build until next week. I'd hate to miss out on this game, though.

If you place any emphasis on reliability of players, you can look at my track record. I've never dropped a game in the 4+ years I've been a member here, I'm a frequent poster, and I'm running two long-term games of my own.

If you are going to be arcane do you plan on concentrating on a particular area so we don't have to much duplication or will you try to have a spell for every situation?

Rhun

First Post
If you are going to be arcane do you plan on concentrating on a particular area so we don't have to much duplication or will you try to have a spell for every situation?

Not sure, but probably a fairly general style caster, since it doesn't look like we have another full arcane caster at this point. Possibly a Domain Wizard, if those are allowed...I've got a bit of a hankering to play a fire mage.

concerro

Explorer
Not sure, but probably a fairly general style caster, since it doesn't look like we have another full arcane caster at this point. Possibly a Domain Wizard, if those are allowed...I've got a bit of a hankering to play a fire mage.

Ok. I just did not want both of us doing the same thing

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Jemal, you can get the War of the Burning Sky Player's Guide for free at RPGNow (though you have to sign up there for an account, which is free and doesn't take long). That's all the setting info you need, really.

Remove ads