• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3.5e: Retired & Bored

G

Guest 11456

Vannyn begins casting his Arcane Eye spell (casting time 10 minutes).

As the others shush, Daniel approaches the hole and listens intently. He hears voices...

For Jemal's eyes only:
Voice 1 is unfamiliar to you but seems to be from a small humanoid as best you can tell.

Voice 2 sounds very familiar to you. Although it is a bit more raspy than you remember it definately sounds like your old flame Celine.

Voice 1: Mistress! They defeated Toxous!

Voice 2: Toxous is a fool. I predicted that he would fail.

Voice 1: What should I do now?

Voice 2: Bring me Toxous' body or as much of it as you can. It will take several days for him to reform in his present state. If I have his body it will be much quicker.

Voice 1: But they are still up there.

Voice 2: I have given you enough fire power to drive them away. Use that pea you call a brain and do so.

Voice 1: Yes mistress. Right away mistress. Signing off.

Voice 2: Signing off.

Voice 1: (In a mocking voice.) Pea for a brain. I'll show her how well I use my brain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jemal

Adventurer
Repressing the urge to leap down there, Daniel moves quickly but stealthily back to the others, whispering when he arrives "We've got someone coming to retreive what's left of his body.. and They've been sent by Celine, I heard.." He steadies himself for a moment, swallowing the terrible words but managing somehow to continue "I heard her tell whoever is coming to use the firepower she gave him (OOC: I'm assuming the voice was male.. otherwise, I'll edit) against us in order to retreive it.." His eyes darken as he turns back to look at the hole, and whatever may be coming out of it.

Wrahn

First Post
Thergan gives Daniel a sympathetic look, and sheaths his sword. He pulls out his massive steel backed long bow and pulls out an arrow, covering the hole waiting for something to come out.

G

Guest 11456

As everyone prepares for the worst, Daniel spots some movement beyond the body of the dragon. The dragon body is about 60 feet away for everyone.

Initiative:
Ghannellis 27
Elrick 22
Snaps 22
??? 21
Thergan 15
Daniel 14
Vannyn 12
Dargo 12
Armand 6

Surprise round:
Everyone is surprised at the moment except Daniel and ???.

Action Daniel?

Jemal

Adventurer
Daniel glances back to his friends "Something moving by the drake's corpse!" He shouts as he rushes over to... whatever it is, weapons drawn.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Dargo will invoke Bless if he can get most everyone in the spell, otherwise he will cast Invisibility Purge to reveal any foes who are hidden as such. He will inform the group of what he casts.

G

Guest 11456

Initiative:
??? 21
Daniel 14

From the far side of the dragon's corpse everyone hears the sound of something thudding into the ground, a crack, a slight pop, and finally a quick humming sound.

Daniel glances back to his friends "Something moving by the drake's corpse!" He shouts as he rushes around the dragon's corpse, weapons drawn.

Jemal's eyes only:
As he heads around the corpse he sees what appears to be a kobold inside a shimmering multicolor hemisphere. The kobold is wearing traveling clothes and has a box or piece of wood strapped to its left arm.

Round 2:

Initiative:
Ghannellis 27
Elrick 22
Snaps 22
??? 21
Thergan 15
Daniel 14
Vannyn 12
Dargo 12
Armand 6

Wrahn

First Post
When Thergan can go, he takes to the air to get a better look at what they are facing. Further actions depend on what he sees.

Remove ads