• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3.5e: Retired & Bored

Pyrex

First Post
Vannyn, Div 15, 91[+20]/91hp

Seeing that he won't have time to complete it, Vannyn stops casting his Arcane Eye and readies a Dispel Magic as a counterspell.

Jemal

Adventurer
"It's a kobold in some kind of magical sphere!" Daniel calls back to his friends, moving around to trap the kobold between him and the rest of the party, geting within 10 feet of it but trying not to touch the sphere... whatever it is.

G

Guest 11456

Ghannellis watches for an opening with his bow.

Elrick rushes around the corpse and joins Daniel on the other side.

Snaps stay on Vannyn's shoulder.

The kobold reaches for the thing on his arm and pulls out a small marble like object and hurls it toward Elrick and Daniel. It lands just in front of them, black tentacles spring from the ground, and try to grab the two. Both are grabbed by the tentacles and are held. (Those on the opposite side only see the marble like object fly through the air, the tops of the tentacles, the top of the multicolor sphere. Vannyn, Dargo, and Armand instantly recognize it as a prismatic sphere.)

Thergan flies up and sees the kobold surrounded by the multicolored hemisphere, as well as his two companions held by the tentacles.

Actions:
Daniel 14
Vannyn 12
Dargo 12
Armand 6

Keia

I aim to misbehave
If Dargo knows that a Great Dispelling will work as well as a normal dispelling for starting to peel away the layers of the prismativ sphere, he will cast Greater Dispelling, to negate the first layer.

"I've got the everything but the gust of wind to completely break this thing down," Dargo mentioned to those close. No need to advertise to whoever was within the sphere. Luckily, the thing inside couldn't see out of it either.

Pyrex

First Post
Vannyn, Diviner 14, 42[+20] of 72hp

OOC: You've got it backwards. You need to start with the Cone of Cold and work upward towards Dispel Magic. Vannyn could contribute a standard Dispel Magic but doesn't know Gust of Wind.

Vannyn quitely replies to Dargo;
"Sorry, can't help you much there."

Vannyn carefully moves toward the edge of the pit, still readying to counterspell.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Pyrex said:
OOC: You've got it backwards. You need to start with the Cone of Cold and work upward towards Dispel Magic. Vannyn could contribute a standard Dispel Magic but doesn't know Gust of Wind.

Vannyn quitely replies to Dargo;
"Sorry, can't help you much there."

OOC: Understood, don't have my books available.

Dargo replied, "Ah, well, it's a minor one." and unleased a Cone of Cold to drop the first layer.

Jemal

Adventurer
Daniel growls in anger at the tentacles, at first attempting to fight his way free of them. Then something occurs to him and he SHIFTS to a spot 10' to the other side of Elrick, away from the tentacles.

Thels

First Post
"I'm only able to negate the last layer myself, so I guess we can't pass it." Armand shouts as he runs forth. "But it's not able to do much against us right now, so let's focus on the tentacles."

Remove ads