[D&D 4e] IG's "The Witchlight Strand"

industrygothica

Adventurer
The battle continues, but the injured orcs prove to be no match for their well-prepared opponents. The last of them falls without grandeur, its eyes locked on the pinholes of light filtering though the forest canopy from the setting sun.

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human artificer

Weel claps ecstatically. "Oh, yes, now they've learned their lesson about hurting our friends, and they'll think better 'bout doing that again, eh?" he says gleefully. "But we should free their poor belongings from them just to be sure." With that, he begins rooting about the bodies, searching for anything valuable.

Of course, being Weel, the rest of the party can't be sure what 'valuable' might mean to him.

Shayuri

First Post
"Bloody business," Aridha says distastefully. "But necessary, or they'd just grow more warriors and plague more towns. Cutting the leaves from a weed only delays the problem after all."

She watches Weel for a moment. "We should go back. Tell them the town is safe again. It won't replace the dead, but it may bring them peace."

Redrobes

First Post
Ensure all the fires are out, take stock of the inventory, collect up bolts, search bodies, and lets get the wagons back to the town via the safest and most direct route.

industrygothica

Adventurer
How is it you plan on getting the wagons back to Hania? There are no horses, nor a herd of orc to pull them for you.

Of course, Druthruss is a sturdy dwarf... ;)

Korash

First Post
wellllll......Vatan likes to think that he is a stapping lad as well.....

Cleaning his weapons Vatan comments "Aye, friend Dwarf. But methinks safest and most direct be not the same....Mayhap we be pulling wagons ourselves, an that makes for slow goin'." Vatan will then turn to Aridha before continuing. "M'lady, think ye that ye may be able to reach the town folk to let them know where we be and that we be needin' some help moving these wagons? Methinks yer wolf be a faster traveller than the rest, an we be moving these wagons as we can to yon town....." as he looks around at the mage and the wirery youth (?) with some doubt......

Redrobes

First Post
Druthruss might look strapping but its mostly armor padding. Without his armor he is quite slight really.

Alright so we need all the valuable supplies on one wagon and to ditch the other one. If the townsfolk come back and its still there then thats a bonus. But lets say we get all of it on to one, can we not push/pull a wagon over this terrain ? Did the Orcs steal the wagon with horses or did they pull it along.

If it looks unlikely that we could collectively pull it then how much of the stuff could we carry. Could we make a man sleds out of the poles and the awning ? Maybe we need to actually have a list of the provisions so that we can decide whats worth getting back.

Midgardsormr

First Post
"'Many hands make light work,'" quoth Pier. "I agree with Vatan: The townspeople are numerous enough to haul the wagons back, and Aridha can get there and bring them back swiftly. In the meantime, I think we should despoil and dispose of the carrion and guard the remaining goods until they get here. I'm not sure that we'd get far enough trying to haul the carts by ourselves to make the effort worthwhile, and we'd be vulnerable to an ambush while we tried it. Best not to make the same mistake our enemies did."

Shayuri

First Post
(IG - If Aridha wildshapes to a horse, could she pull it? I know that in terms of combat wildshape doesn't affect one's ability scores...if not I shall edit this post to have Ari run back for help. :))

Remove ads