• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) D&D 5.11 - the time of big change is over

HammerMan

Legend
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the 2024 books just have errata and the stuff genned up from the playtest get booted to Robilar's Libram of Stuff and Things or something.
Look at it this way. They are listening to people say it’s like a new editon. So even if we wanted them to lean into it more and instead they are back tracking, they are at least listening.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
It's less about "going wrong" (and we don't know how the Warlock was received ywt), but recently Crawford stated that they aren6moving forward with changes that were received in a lukewarm fashion, only stuff that actively excited people. So a bunch of stuff that wasn't moving the needle is being phased out in favor of what was already in 'q4 rules, notably the different Subclass progressions for each Class.
Is this really news to anyone? The 70% threshold is a thing we’ve known about for a decade.

Charlaquin

I don’t think the 70% info goes that far back but at least before this playtest. But the shock is how much sounds like it is reverting.
It does. Further, actually, since it was the standard during the D&D Next playtest.

EDIT: And literally the only thing we know is being reverted is unified subclass progression.

Last edited:

Remathilis

Legend
I wanted a new edition and exciting changes to make the game better.
Oh well. We don't have game designers in charge of D&D anymore.
Ironically, I had assumed prior to the Experts UA we were probably only getting tweaks to classes akin to Tasha's becoming standard. The UAs made me think we were getting far more substantial changes. This makes me think we're moving back to Tasha's + Errata level changes.

Charlaquin

A lot of people have insisted that WotC doesn't really mean it, and just publish what they want.
Yeah, but if one believes they’re lying about that, why would one believe Jeremy Crawford’s recent reiteration that they’re leaving behind changes that don’t “wow” people?

Like, he said the exact same thing in the video going over the expert playtest feedback. Why is the reaction to it so strong this time?

Yeah, but if one believes they’re lying about that, why would one believe Jeremy Crawford’s recent reiteration that they’re leaving behind changes that don’t “wow” people?
I am personally engaging with the topic of the thread. This has nothing to do with believing anything, it has to do with the first post talking about the changes that might not have WoWed.

We still have to wait and see.

Remove ads