• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) D&D 5.11 - the time of big change is over

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Ironically, I had assumed prior to the Experts UA we were probably only getting tweaks to classes akin to Tasha's becoming standard. The UAs made me think we were getting far more substantial changes. This makes me think we're moving back to Tasha's + Errata level changes.
Somewhere in between, most likely.

HammerMan

Legend
Yeah, but if one believes they’re lying about that,

I asked this before but what % of people are saying “evil WoTC is lying” compared to what I say of “It looks like an edition change and break no matter how much they don’t want it to be”

Having said that:
I am personally engaging with the topic of the thread.
I agree with her. The thread appears to be a question of how we feel and what we would predict based on the comments of things reverting. The first post points out many.

Remathilis

Legend
As someone who currently uses most of the Tasha updates that sounds amazing... and a reason to buy an integrated book without feeling like it's a half edition. Although I do know some will still call it that.
To be honest, this would be fine enough, though I find a number of the "incompatible" changes to be much better overall. I think the canary in the coalmine will be what druid wild shape looks like. That will be the biggest indicator of how much they will lean on "fix this, no matter what" vs "eh, just errata the 14 version."

Parmandur

Book-Friend
To be honest, this would be fine enough, though I find a number of the "incompatible" changes to be much better overall. I think the canary in the coalmine will be what druid wild shape looks like. That will be the biggest indicator of how much they will lean on "fix this, no matter what" vs "eh, just errata the 14 version."
I mean, I don't think there is any "fix this, no matter what" aside from diversity issues. All the rules ad they stand are probably acceptable to WotC, so the only changes will be ones where there is a definite preference for a change.

The changes to Dkill usage, for example, have survived five packets without any controversy, so those are probably in.

Remathilis

Legend
I mean, I don't think there is any "fix this, no matter what" aside from diversity issues. All the rules ad they stand are probably acceptable to WotC, so the only changes will be ones where there is a definite preference for a change.

The changes to Dkill usage, for example, have survived five packets without any controversy, so those are probably in.
I cannot imagine a world where twin spell survives in its 2014 form, no matter what % the playtest version gets. There are going to be some nerfs that no amount of feedback is going to restore.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Look at it this way. They are listening to people say it’s like a new editon. So even if we wanted them to lean into it more and instead they are back tracking, they are at least listening.
You know, just yesterday I closed three threads which had descended into ridiculous arguments about this exact topic, and you were right in the thick of it in all three. And here you are bringing it up again in another. Let me be clear: if we close a thread, it is NOT an invitation to start the same argument up in another one. Drop. The. Subject. This is not a request.

Remove ads