D&D 5E [D&D 5E] B1: In Search of the Unknown (Recruiting)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
That depends on the personal timelines of each character. Did they know each other briefly in childhood or for a bit longer in early adulthood?

I was refering to the second one. My character is a half elf, so he's much younger than Thredren, so this only works if we met recently (my character is 17 years old)

Wolf118

Explorer
I was refering to the second one. My character is a half elf, so he's much younger than Thredren, so this only works if we met recently (my character is 17 years old)

That could work, then. Thedren left the monastery about a year ago. He and Laron could have been acquainted at the monastery. They both have a similar Ideal, believing in the power of stories, legends, and songs. Perhaps they have a shared interest in old tales and songs?

Since Thedren is older, and is more serious and direct, I would see Laron as someone who helps him "lighten up". In turn, Thedren could act as kind of a older brother, mentoring and getting Laron away from whatever girl has attracted his attention.

"Remember, Laron. The best part of beauty is that which no picture can express."
"I wasn't going to paint her picture. I just wanted to have a drink with her!"

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
That could work, then. Thedren left the monastery about a year ago. He and Laron could have been acquainted at the monastery. They both have a similar Ideal, believing in the power of stories, legends, and songs. Perhaps they have a shared interest in old tales and songs?

Since Thedren is older, and is more serious and direct, I would see Laron as someone who helps him "lighten up". In turn, Thedren could act as kind of a older brother, mentoring and getting Laron away from whatever girl has attracted his attention.

"Remember, Laron. The best part of beauty is that which no picture can express."
"I wasn't going to paint her picture. I just wanted to have a drink with her!"

Cool! that works for me!

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Horray! I'll post shortly.
I have a small request: would it be possible to post a link to the RG and IC in the first post of this thread?
Thanks!

SG

Remind me again later today or tomorrow. I'm out the door shortly and don't have time at the moment...thus I will forget about it completely unless I get a reminder. ;)

Wolf118

Explorer
Questions for the DM and Skarsgard:

DM: What does the holy symbol of the Healing Light look like?

Skarsgard: Does Herger openly wear his? If so, then Thedren and Laron should recognize him as a member of the order. I can use that in my next post to get Laron and Thedren to introduce themselves to Herger.

Remove ads