D&D 5E D&D 5e Indiana Jones

ljblakey

First Post
Ok, a different take on Indiana. Bard, Jack of all trades.

My home brew is bards don't have to be musicians. The can be expert story tellers / motivational speakers.

Vicious mockery is definitely an Indiana Jones ability.

Careful selection of bard spells would enhance his rogue / adventurer abilities without turning him into an out and out magic user.

Sent from my LG-H812 using EN World mobile app

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
Update: Right now I'm still leaning toward Fighter/Rogue with Observant and [MENTION=6887087]mexicangringo[/MENTION] is thinking Rogue Mastermind with Linguist feat. The thought process is I'll pump passive Perception (spot traps, secret doors) and he'll pump Investigation (figure out traps, secret doors) and between the two of us having proficiency with thieves' tools we can work together on disarming to roll at advantage. Then he'll have his bonus action Help to increase my ability to attack when we're in a dust-up. I can then take something else other than Investigation which is also where I put my Expertise, so that opens up some interesting options.

Valmarius

First Post
Update: Right now I'm still leaning toward Fighter/Rogue with Observant and [MENTION=6887087]mexicangringo[/MENTION] is thinking Rogue Mastermind with Linguist feat. The thought process is I'll pump passive Perception (spot traps, secret doors) and he'll pump Investigation (figure out traps, secret doors) and between the two of us having proficiency with thieves' tools we can work together on disarming to roll at advantage. Then he'll have his bonus action Help to increase my ability to attack when we're in a dust-up. I can then take something else other than Investigation which is also where I put my Expertise, so that opens up some interesting options.

A couple of rogues, eh?
Excuse me while I bump the Passive Perception of all my encounters by 4 or 5...

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester

Good call on the Mastermind. The way Masterminds can help will be a great fit for the character.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!

Many apologies, I apparently issued a laugh for this post. I had not intended to respond at all and there was no intent behind this. Enjoy the accidental XP!

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
Many apologies, I apparently issued a laugh for this post. I had not intended to respond at all and there was no intent behind this. Enjoy the accidental XP!

I'll take it! :)

Three weeks until the campaign starts. I'll try to post some recaps in another thread.

Thanks, all for your ideas. Very helpful!

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
iriaeborford.jpg

Iriaebor Ford

Original art by Graemation.

Because I commissioned this piece, I am 99% certain to die in the first session which takes place on Friday! If I'm ambitious, I'll post a recap of the session here on enworld.

Remove ads