D&D 5E [D&D 5e] It's a Brand New World [FULL]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Oh I think I missed that diamond requirement when selecting spells. I can change the spell out if you want. Its only good because I actually crit with it. I'd gladly replace it if you want. From what I've read its on the low end side of power compared to spells like sleep anyways. Your call.

Actually you would've killed it without the crit since it has a vulnerability to fire. Truly, that was an amazing hit. And you can decide if you want to change it or not. But from this point forward, I think that if a spell has a component with a cost we should account for that. So if you choose to keep the spell, just subtract 50 gp from your balance and add a diamond to your inventory list.

Unless others don't think that's fair, in which case I'm willing to listen to your argument. :)

-IG

sithramir

First Post
I have 5 SP and not even one gold so there would be no way to have the diamond or a familiar yet. I'll change spells and let's assume it was a firebolt cantrip that crit. Would be close enough damage.

industrygothica

Adventurer
As I said, I'm not worried about this round. It's done and that's fine with me. But I would've sworn I saw 75 gold on your sheet earlier. You should at least have 50 from the pirate loot.

-IG

industrygothica

Adventurer
Swarm Mechanics

OOC: Quick questions on the swarm, and some 5e mechanics: How big is the swarm, and is it all/mostly flying bugs? In 5e, would it be feasible or possible to try to push the swarm (say with a shield), or to use the shield to hold it in place while someone else pulls Redis out of the way?

It's a medium-sized swarm of tiny, mostly flying insects. Mechanically, the swarm has a reach of 0, so it has to be sharing a space with an enemy in order to attack it. And that's pretty much all the rules say about it.

Personally, I had a difficult time not houseruling a mechanic that shared damage between the swarm and its target. I mean, if I have a mosquito on me, and you hit it with a baseball bat... it's gonna hurt. But alas, it wasn't in the rules, so I didn't do it. Seems like that'd probably raise the CR of the swarm anyway, and that's nothing I wanted to do either.

That being said, I don't think it'd be possible to hold a swarm down (or back) with a shield, either. A swarm is able to fit through an area as small as one of its parts, and I can't imagine trying to hold a wasp-sized creature back or down with a shield.

I will tell you, however, that the swarm is not long for this world. Another couple of successful attacks should take care of it. Of course, another couple of unsuccessful attacks should take care of Redis, so... :devil:

Shayuri

First Post
G'day all. I have been PMing with IG and have resolved the issues that were messing me up, and I am ready to rejoin this number. Caught up on the narrative...thank goodness it was a combat, and hence I haven't missed much events!

Once Maighan is back to consciousness, she can assist with the heals and get back to her doe-eyed naivete. :)

Remove ads