D&D 5E [D&D 5e] It's a Brand New World [FULL]

industrygothica

Adventurer
So, right now, at this exact moment in time, I've discovered that I'm not a fan of 5e encounter building. I'm sure it'll get easier after doing it a few times, but this first time is beginning to annoy me.

That is all...

-IG

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
There's also reflavoring if you want to go that route (I do it but only rarely). Take some goblins and describe them as pygmy cannibals or some such. :)

Axel

First Post
Random interjection: if you've not done 5e encounters before, be careful! It is very easy to turn the power up to 11 by putting too many critters in. Even kobolds. The kicker is advantage...

When monsters get it being adjacent to an ally, they kick arse. Even doing just 1d4+1 damage. And with no penalty AoO for attempting to trip someone, tripping is awesome for monsters. My players have already learned to take acrobatics or athletics proficiency if they plan on being in melee much.

pathfinderq1

First Post
@pathfinderq1 - I'm digging the idea of Silverport. I've had an idea about a race of nomadic, gypsy-like elves called Khovari, and this seems like it would be a good place for their origins. I don't know if the Khovari are the original bloodline of the area, or if maybe they were exiled because of their mixed heritage (making them technically half-elves). In either care, a Khovari probably wouldn't be caught dead in Silverport now even after these millennia. Thoughts?

For future inquiries, Khovari (at least for now) are not a playable race.

Perhaps the Khovari are the descendents of those elves who were 'off-island' when the disaster happened- initially unable or unwilling to return, and perhaps shunned by those who survived ON the island, they became nomads and interbred with humans out of sheer necessity... Even in elven terms 2500 years is long enough to 'evolve' into a new lineage. It could also be that the Khovari are half-elves, but capable of breeding true, while the half-elves of Silverport's court are typically sterile and fill a role like that of court eunuchs (courtiers and social manipulators, but incapable of true noble titles or holdings; a sort of 'sub-nobility' beneath the ruling elves).

Also, it seems likely that the decadent society of Silverport would support slavery, at least for those without elven blood, and the marketplaces might be willing to deal with goods of uncertain provenance (looted by pirates, for instance), provided the proper taxes were paid.

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Too sick tonight to contribute much. Looks like we have:
>Barbarian (Feylock)
>Paladin
>Wizard
>Druid
>Rogue

So I will probably be some flavor of melee-type- Rogue, Ranger, or Fighting Bard. I'll see what I can come up with...

sithramir

First Post
I got most of my character together. I need more back story and spells, etc but i've got a start.

I need input on what the secret should be as a tie in.

industrygothica

Adventurer
So now that we've seen at least a general concept from everyone, does anyone have a preference on where to start? Kingsport has come up a lot, as well as island #2 (which I'll get around to changing on the map soon enough). I realize this part is technically my job, but I just thought I'd see if anyone has any preferences.

Remove ads