• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E D&D 5th Edition DM SCreen

PeterFitz

First Post
I've added another couple of pages to the PDF. One deals with Chases, the other has tables for Traps, Carousing, Magic Item crafting and selling, and Madness.

I haven't added these two pages to my screen; I just printed them double-sided and laminated them, and keep them with — but not of — the screen.

Matuku

First Post
A few other people have pointed this out in the comments on the file but, in case you ever revisit this, the Concentration information is incorrect (particularly the taking damage and vigorous movement parts).

PeterFitz

First Post
I know. As my campaign proceeds, and I get more experience with 5e, my house rules increase. That's why I haven't updated this file any more; the information I present on it is getting to be divergent enough from canon that the current state of the screen would be of less and less use to anyone who doesn't have pretty much the same ideas about house rules as me.

In any case, I'm moving away from the screen as an information resource, and really only use it to hide those rolls I don't want my players to see. I find a folder of reference sheets more useful (and easier for my old eyes to read) than the screen, which tends to be in shadow on my table.

Spaceflows

First Post
I was viewing this site on my ipad last night and my pdf apps (iannotate and ibooks) wouldn't open it, said the file was invalid. But... opened it up on my laptop this morning and all is well. Sorry for the false alarm and thanks for these, they're excellent!

Hm. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like knowing the light source statistics of daylight would be a lot more useful than prismatic wall. I mean, let's be honest. If there's a prismatic wall in the encounter, someone is already looking up the spell in the PHB.

Also not a super fan of all the optional rules being on it (hero points, climb on a creature, disarm, tumble, lingering injuries, etc.). I understand you must use them yourself, but I'd rather they were on their own sheet instead of placed on sheets with default rules.

Otherwise this is very nice!

Remove ads