D&D Adventurers League Welcomes Two Huge Announcements

Two BIG announcements have SHAKEN up the AL community and brought a new GROUND SHAKING adventure.

In the world of Dungeons & Dragons, the D&D Adventurers League (AL) organized play campaigns have always been a popular and exciting way for players to participate in D&D. Recently, two BIG announcements have SHAKEN up the AL community and brought a new GROUND SHAKING adventure.
457105fe27d033cb18084202d5e0b0e1_600_KR.png

Bigby Presents: Glory of Giants Legal for D&D Adventurers League​

As of August 1, 2023, the sourcebook "Bigby Presents: Glory of Giants" has been approved as a legal source for all D&D Adventurers League campaigns. This means players can now incorporate content from this sourcebook into their AL characters. For those unfamiliar with the book, "Bigby Presents: Glory of Giants" is a tome of character options and lore on fantastical giants that add depth and richness to any Dungeons & Dragons campaign. This new book was released at GenCon in physical form and available in Early Access with pre-order from D&D Beyond. With this legal approval, the possibilities for character growth and world-building in AL games have expanded in a big way.

Giants of the Star Forge Adventure Added to AL Play​

Accompanying the approval of "Bigby Presents: Glory of Giants" is the addition of the thrilling adventure "Giants of the Star Forge" to the D&D Adventurers League. This adventure, which can be accessed on D&D Beyond, introduces players to a grandiose journey among the stars and challenges them to confront powerful giants in their celestial abode. However, there are some specific guidelines to follow for participating in this adventure:
  • 16th-Level Characters Only: To undertake the "Giants of the Star Forge" adventure, players must use a legal 16th-level AL character from the Forgotten Realms or Eberron campaigns. This requirement is set by the adventure itself.
  • Character Restrictions: Characters from the Forgotten Realms and Eberron campaigns are allowed to participate in the same game, but they are not allowed to trade items with each other. Additionally, if players opt to use one of the pre-generated characters, they may apply the rewards to a Tier 3 character from either the Forgotten Realms or Eberron campaigns.
  • Rewards and Theldin's Favor: As a reward for participating in this adventure, AL characters will receive 10,000 gp. Characters winning one of the contests in the adventure will also gain an extra one of that consumable item, in addition to the one received by the whole party. Moreover, the rare armor or weapon chosen through "Theldin’s Favor" must be from a legal AL source and should be relevant to the character's campaign.
  • AL Guidance: All relevant AL guidance relating to the legality of items applies to this adventure. Players are encouraged to review the Player's Guide and FAQs to ensure they are compliant with the rules.
With these clarifications, AL players can confidently embark on Giants of the Star Forge, ready to challenge and conquer the giants that await them.

JAMUMU

actually dracula
The combination of tone and negation of the Greyhawk setting has me wearing my tinfoil wizard's hat, pondering my Orb of Conspiracies.

The combination of tone and negation of the Greyhawk setting has me wearing my tinfoil wizard's hat, pondering my Orb of Conspiracies.
Does it? I'm not thinking about this as hard as you are I guess... seems to me to be a simple case of a junior writer who thought sprinkling pixie dust was the way to announce a thing.

Posting in this thread is like basting yourself in rib sauce before toppling into a pit of hyenas.

But @JAMUMU... your post was a winner. Made me laugh... I like the way you slice it.

Moonmover

Explorer
Are there AL events set in the World of Greyhawk? I'm not an AL participant, but my understanding is that they only play in settings that have been published for 5e.

And if this adventure takes place in space or whatever, any connection to any setting is going to be tenuous anyway.

JAMUMU

actually dracula
Are there AL events set in the World of Greyhawk? I'm not an AL participant, but my understanding is that they only play in settings that have been published for 5e.

And if this adventure takes place in space or whatever, any connection to any setting is going to be tenuous anyway.
Tenuous....yesssss, yessss....that's how I like my conspiracy theories! SHAKEN, not stirred!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Also, the author having done freelance work for WotC is not a guarantee that they wrote this article under their employ (although it is support of that idea).
Not a response to you, but prompted by it.

Sadly, WotC does not employ people to write articles for me. I employ people to write articles for me. If anybody thinks that WotC employs people to write articles for me... well I wish they did. That sounds wonderful. The freelancer budget on this site is not insignificant. If anybody wants to pay my freelancers for me, my contact details are at the foot of the page. I'm waiting.

Also, if you don't like the 'tone' of the article... there are other articles you can read.

Remove ads

Remove ads