D&D Adventurers League Welcomes Two Huge Announcements

Two BIG announcements have SHAKEN up the AL community and brought a new GROUND SHAKING adventure.

In the world of Dungeons & Dragons, the D&D Adventurers League (AL) organized play campaigns have always been a popular and exciting way for players to participate in D&D. Recently, two BIG announcements have SHAKEN up the AL community and brought a new GROUND SHAKING adventure.
457105fe27d033cb18084202d5e0b0e1_600_KR.png

Bigby Presents: Glory of Giants Legal for D&D Adventurers League​

As of August 1, 2023, the sourcebook "Bigby Presents: Glory of Giants" has been approved as a legal source for all D&D Adventurers League campaigns. This means players can now incorporate content from this sourcebook into their AL characters. For those unfamiliar with the book, "Bigby Presents: Glory of Giants" is a tome of character options and lore on fantastical giants that add depth and richness to any Dungeons & Dragons campaign. This new book was released at GenCon in physical form and available in Early Access with pre-order from D&D Beyond. With this legal approval, the possibilities for character growth and world-building in AL games have expanded in a big way.

Giants of the Star Forge Adventure Added to AL Play​

Accompanying the approval of "Bigby Presents: Glory of Giants" is the addition of the thrilling adventure "Giants of the Star Forge" to the D&D Adventurers League. This adventure, which can be accessed on D&D Beyond, introduces players to a grandiose journey among the stars and challenges them to confront powerful giants in their celestial abode. However, there are some specific guidelines to follow for participating in this adventure:
  • 16th-Level Characters Only: To undertake the "Giants of the Star Forge" adventure, players must use a legal 16th-level AL character from the Forgotten Realms or Eberron campaigns. This requirement is set by the adventure itself.
  • Character Restrictions: Characters from the Forgotten Realms and Eberron campaigns are allowed to participate in the same game, but they are not allowed to trade items with each other. Additionally, if players opt to use one of the pre-generated characters, they may apply the rewards to a Tier 3 character from either the Forgotten Realms or Eberron campaigns.
  • Rewards and Theldin's Favor: As a reward for participating in this adventure, AL characters will receive 10,000 gp. Characters winning one of the contests in the adventure will also gain an extra one of that consumable item, in addition to the one received by the whole party. Moreover, the rare armor or weapon chosen through "Theldin’s Favor" must be from a legal AL source and should be relevant to the character's campaign.
  • AL Guidance: All relevant AL guidance relating to the legality of items applies to this adventure. Players are encouraged to review the Player's Guide and FAQs to ensure they are compliant with the rules.
With these clarifications, AL players can confidently embark on Giants of the Star Forge, ready to challenge and conquer the giants that await them.

Or, step back and behold the power of One True Scotsman who will never use /s. You may take our Greyhawks, but you'll never have our irony! Have a great po-faced day!
One True Scotsman? Oy... easy there, chip. There's only one person getting spun up here, and it ain't me. If you want to get passive-aggressive, that's on you. Later.

JAMUMU

actually dracula
One True Scotsman? Oy... easy there, chip. There's only one person getting spun up here, and it ain't me. If you want to get passive-aggressive, that's on you. Later.
Me. I'm the Scotsman. And you're the guy who told me to back off, when all i was doing was trying to make funny. I'm always being sarcastic yet I never use /s. Step One: Take nothing I say seriously. Step Two: Block me, as the gods intended. Step Three: Cheerioooo four ohs.

Hussar

Legend
Or, and this is just a thought, instead of telling all and sundry to take a chill pill, maybe don't start the thread with comments like "smarmy" and "off-putting" and accusations of "lack of experience" and then get all huffy when people call you on it? Ten of the first thirteet comments in this thread are all about how this is corporate shilling, and even accusing the writer of working directly for WotC.

And maybe, just maybe, some of us are bloody damn sick of this being the way of announcements EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Hey, they gave us a free adventure. There's a bunch of new material for Adventurers League. Cool. The writer makes a bit of a joke about giants. Ok. Great. Moving on.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Or, and this is just a thought, instead of telling all and sundry to take a chill pill, maybe don't start the thread with comments like "smarmy" and "off-putting" and accusations of "lack of experience" and then get all huffy when people call you on it? Ten of the first thirteet comments in this thread are all about how this is corporate shilling, and even accusing the writer of working directly for WotC.

And maybe, just maybe, some of us are bloody damn sick of this being the way of announcements EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Hey, they gave us a free adventure. There's a bunch of new material for Adventurers League. Cool. The writer makes a bit of a joke about giants. Ok. Great. Moving on.
I'm sorry, to me it came off as a press release. I don't see a problem with saying so, and am fine with being wrong about that.

Go back and look at what I posted. No huffiness, just defending myself when someone was being rude.

I am not an anti-WotC poster. I was pretty opposed to the anti-WotC rhetoric at the time. I just didn't like the tone of this post, that's all. As in literally, that's all I'm saying. I'm really not trying to stir anything up. Is the issue here folks being tickled by the memories of those anti-WotC posts from a few months back? Not my intention.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm sorry, to me it came off as a press release. I don't see a problem with saying so, and am fine with being wrong about that.

Mod Note:

Sorry, but you went beyond "it came off as a press release", and continued into what, "came off as," a passive-aggressive accusation of being a shill.

In the future, if you have an impression, please stop before you suggest bad faith.

For everyone: This now ENDS this branch of discussion. Please feel free to discuss the actual news of the article.

Remove ads

Remove ads