• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D basic game - the continuation

snotling

Explorer
Hey folks -

My kids have enjoyed the D&D basic game (the new/mini based one) and frankly I rather like using the little tokens that come with it. It makes it easier for the kids to get involved when you had them things to use. The 2 oldest (9 and 8) are still a bit young for a longer campaign using the 3.5 rules, and we will start on that some time soon, but the basic game is really quick to pick up a game.

Has anyone done a continuation to the story or started another story?
additional characters?

It does not look all that hard to make new ones.. but any rules of thumb you all have?

In addition what adventures did you tell? I have picked up the various Dungeon Tiles sets, in hopes to get inspired to do some cool adventure, but have not built anything as of yet.

Any advise or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

You say you have the D&D Basic game with tokens, the Blue Dragan edition, right? I would recommend tracking down the Black Dragon edition from 2003 for more minis and new dungeon tiles and a new adventure.

Get a few D&D minis boosters for additional monsters and hero minis.

Fall 2008 there will be a new D&D basic game published with 4th edition intro rules.

snotling

Explorer
The blue dragon edition yes.

I do have tons of the minis, so that is not a problem. I am looking at the monster stats in the basic game, and am going to compare them with the MMs. and make just start a new MM for the basic game.

A friend does the the black dragon edition, may just barrow that for the adventures.

Remove ads