D&D Cartoon (30th anniversary)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's the 30th anniversary of the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon today. Geek Dad has an article commemorating it.

[video=youtube;YacKar7y3mc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YacKar7y3mc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Bullgrit

Adventurer
This time in 1983 I was 16 years old, and a few solid years into my D&D career. I remember watching the D&D cartoon, but it was more out of a need to experience/support all things D&D than out of real enjoyment. Nowadays, I can't watch this show. (I tried to watch a couple of episodes in recent years.) It's just so very bad. Even watching that introduction makes me wince.

Bullgrit

Dioltach

Legend
"That was Venger, the force of Evil. I am Dungeon Master, your guide." Tsssk, if your players don't see the DM as the force of Evil, your doing it wrong.

Actually, what always annoyed me most about the cartoon (apart from "Bobby the Barbarian" and "Uni") was the fact that they never thought to get more gear. A Cavalier with only a shield? And he was the most realistic of the whole group.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I'm surprised the thief in the group didn't try to steal their items while they slept to be more powerful.

Henry

Autoexreginated
I still remember (though not vividly) the CBS new saturday morning preview that announced the D&D cartoon - I want to say Willie Aames was hosting it! - but I was about to burst with excitement when I saw it back then. No matter how silly, that show holds a special nostalgic place for me and my relatively new obsession with D&D back then.

Remove ads