• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Computer Games

Jhaelen

First Post
ShadowX said:
Actually the problem with Oblivion was that it wasn't deep. You have this absolutely gianormous game that is as shallow as your stereotypical blonde. It, like its predecessor, was an MMORPG except that it took out the only worthwhile part of the genre—all the other players.
I totally agree with this assessment.
By contrast, I really enjoyed Gothic1 & 2 (after waiting about a year for the very necessary patches), but I guess they're not well known outside of Germany.

kolikeos

First Post
Steel_Wind said:
(NWN2 features full party control if you did not know.)
You mean like in Baldur's Gate? If so I really need to play this game. The control of only one character was a big disappointment for me in the first Neverwinter Nights.

kolikeos

First Post
Asmor said:
As long as we're waxing nostalgic, I think it's a crime that anyone can mention Baldur's Gate without mentioning Planescape: Torment.

Best. CRPG. Ever.
QFT

Lancelot said:
My worst nightmare is a world where the only "CRPGs" on the horizon are Diablo III and World of Warcraft 2, and all level of depth is replaced by how fast you can punch your controller buttons or shake your Wii stick. Brrrr....
QFT again

Last edited:

Vorput

First Post
I miss Champions of Krynn... and maybe that awesome EGA game where you flew around on a dragon as a solomanic (sp?) knight.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I got a call about a month ago from someone looking to option the movie rights to the Torment storyline

Y'know, it strikes me that Wizards might do good to stop people from running all over the place with their liscences.

Many of the videogames, all of the movies...these have not been considered very high-quality works of goodness, here.

A Torment movie could be done in a very cool way....or it could be another crap salad a la the D&D movie.

Wizards almost needs to keep some creative control, IMO. The people in the company are D&D players, are D&D fans, and I'd like to think that they know a quality flick or game when the see it, and they also know what a stinker looks like.

I'd love to see a good Torment movie; I'd hate to see the name tacked on to some Uwe Boll hackjob.

Remove ads