D&D Essentials

Shade

Monster Junkie
In order of sheer quality (not necessarily usefulness), and going WOTC-only, I like:

1.) Lords of Madness
2.) Fiend Folio
3.) Manual of the Planes
4.) Expanded Psionics Handbook
5.) Draconomicon
6.) Frostburn
7.) Stormwrack
8.) Serpent Kingdoms
9.) Magic of Faerun

delericho

Legend
I'd have to go with:

Complete Book of Eldritch Might
Book of Iron Might
Advanced Bestiary
Expanded Psionics Handbook
Shackled City (if a DM looking for a really good campaign book)
Dungeon magazine

Lords of Madness and Unearthed Arcana are also both exceptional, but I'm not sure I would consider either essential.

If you likes you some poison, give the ENnie-nominated Poisoncraft a try.

If you're looking for pantheon stuff, you can't go wrong with Book of the Righteous--a fantastic book.

I'll also second votes for:

Year's Best d20 (Couple of Poisoncraft items made it in, natch)
Battlebox (I have the AE version, and it's sublime)

JoeGKushner

First Post
Breakdaddy said:
Joe, you know if the Arcana Evolved Battlebox contains everything the regular BB does plus the extra, or is it all tailored specifically to AE?

Didn't see this thread but I don't own the AE battle box so couldn't answer, but another friendly poster has done so, and now I'm thinking... may have to go out and buy the AE battlebox.

Steel_Wind

Legend
A subscription to Dungeon Magazine. (Best value in gaming, bar none).

A Battlemat from Chessex.

A 100 or so common and uncommon D&D miniatures.

genshou

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
Didn't see this thread but I don't own the AE battle box so couldn't answer, but another friendly poster has done so, and now I'm thinking... may have to go out and buy the AE battlebox.
I second that motion.

Hi all, as usual I'll reference Elements of Magic Revised, Lyceian Arcana, and Elements of Magic - Mythic Earth. One book that no one on this board ever seems to mention is Stronghold Builder's Guidebook. SBG is the #1 book I would recommend.

Uder

First Post
If you have CC2, here are some templates I've made for various spreads and cones, as well as some walls of fire.

Attachments

• DND Templates.rar
    637.3 KB · Views: 49

Remove ads