• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D/Heroscape Hybrid

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Did anyone note the D&D/Heroscape Hybrid in the Gencon WotC booth being unveiled? Is there much online regarding this?

Am I the only one who wished that, since DnD simplified diagonal movement anyways, that they'd just go to hexs and use these instead of Dungeon Tiles for cheap 3d terrain?

Mark

Elsewhere, some folks are saying that locally they see very little Heroscape available these days.

Personally, Hexes = Good for (most) exteriors (example of exceptions: ruins), Squares = Good for (most) interiors (example of exceptions: caverns), IMHO ;)

Elsewhere, some folks are saying that locally they see very little Heroscape available these days.

Personally, Hexes = Good for (most) exteriors (example of exceptions: ruins), Squares = Good for (most) interiors (example of exceptions: caverns), IMHO ;)

I looked all over Gencon trying to find some loose tiles for purchase because I wanted to use them for Battletech, but had no luck so I ended up buying a couple more core sets.

It took me until I got home to even consider that I might be able to use them for DnD :)

lrsach01

Explorer
It would have been nice for the bases to be a bit smaller so the minis could be used for DnD as well. O well... time to get out the Dremel again. ;)

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Am I the only one who wished that, since DnD simplified diagonal movement anyways, that they'd just go to hexs and use these instead of Dungeon Tiles for cheap 3d terrain?

No, you're not the only one.

Having only just been introduced to Heroscape, I'm actually quite buzzed. I plan on getting a few base sets and a bunch of expansions and minis for my D&D games.

There is just too much awesome in these to ignore.

Mark

It would have been nice for the bases to be a bit smaller so the minis could be used for DnD as well. O well... time to get out the Dremel again. ;)

Yup. That is a shame, especially since the Heroscape bases are actually very nice.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads