D&D Player Accused in Sword Killing *why is the game a factor?*

Well, nothing on the local news, and since this is local news for me, I'm a bit baffled at that. Did this actually take place yesterday and I just heard about it a day late?

coyote6

Adventurer
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Oh, personaly responsbility!! Where have you gone?

Just so you know, I didn't do anything with it, so it's not my fault it's gone!

(The would-be burglars in the story from Dallas ought to have an interesting time explaining things in prison -- "So, you had a gun, he had a sword, and you lost?")

Oryan77

Adventurer
If this type of stuff keeps happening people will start being intimidated by D&D players more than we are of Ultimate Fighting Champions. I never thought I'd see the day when roleplayers would be seen as tough....finally!

I'm just trying to look on the brighter side...

Krieg

First Post
It was mentioned in the article because a "police spokesman" specifically mentioned that he was into "fantasy board games".

While being bullied makes for a nice excuse, let's not forget that this fine gentleman is a convicted felon who served time for assault with a deadly weapon.

Mystery Man said:
O.J. played football.....

...and there were more than a few news pieces insinuating that playing football makes one a violent wife beater.

PS - Who wants to bet that he was actually a VtG player and a D&D hater. ;)

Chimera

First Post
news article said:
Flemons walked past his coworkers and sat outside by his car, calmly drinking a 40-ounce bottle of beer, and waiting for police to arrive. Schwartz said Flemons later confessed.

Wouldn't the presence of a 40-ounce bottle of beer be a better indicator than any of that other crap?

Yet another victim of the insidious 40 ounce beer...

Clearly they must be banned.

Remove ads