• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Product Announcements

malraux

First Post
DDI content was covered in some detail in yesterday's Design & Development Seminar. Blog of Holding has a good summary here.

Dragon content wise, stuff sounds good. Software-wise, it's sounding pretty bad, IMO. Stuff like a monster builder have been promised/shelved/promised far too often. Not to refight the same fight about DDI yet again, but it would have been nice to see some evidence that any of the software packages were moving forward.

Odhanan

Adventurer
republishing old editions. cant say anything yet but there are plans.

In print, I hope. Or PoD. Not digital-only through DDI.

IF they do print/PoD, that'd be a very nice move that would go a long way towards putting the pieces of the D&D community back together.

Riastlin

First Post
I'm cautiously excited about the miniatures and map packs. The new campaign setting sounds intriguing. Wondering if maybe it will be sort of a Wild West theme as bringing in firearms would certainly be a bigger step away from what D&D has traditionally done (at least in terms of settings). Not sure how that would jive with the "fantasy only" thing though.

All in all I think it was positive.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I saw bag's writeup on DDI. There was nothing there about the actual tools at all. Notta.

And, they've been saying "we know you can't find the content on our site, we are working on that" for a couple of years. Which is amazing, there must be thousands of laid off web developers in Seattle alone that could make it so you can find stuff.

Remove ads