• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Product Announcements

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
This might deserve a thread all its own documenting people's experiences, but today the shop had a grab box for $1 a random card, including promos, rares and every other type.
I know that many people have strong negative feelings towards the Fortune Cards, but my players really like them. I bought a bunch of the booster packs, and have handed them out as in-game rewards from time to time. For example, a generous donation to the Temple of Avandra gained the group a pack each. (They were unaware of this before making said generous donation.) I also relaxed the rules for using them substantially, and let them use any card they have at any point. Obviously, this makes the cards a lot more powerful, but being able to slap down a useful card at a critical point in a battle is very satisfying. And I have enough DMing experience to be able to compensate for the power-creep fairly easily by increasing the threat of each encounter slightly.

So as a compulsive collector, I wince with the announcement of each new set, and think "oh crud, I bet that means there will be a bunch more hard to find promos that I'm going to spend weeks scouring ebay for", but as a DM, I think "cool, those will add some more spice to our games".

Saracenus

Always In School Gamer
Nothing on Ravenloft?

Duuuuuuuude. There has been mentions in Manual of the Planes, 2 eDragon articles on Domains and the FreeRPG gameday swag from WotC this year was a 3rd Domain of Dread.

Ravensloft is part of the Shadowfell story fluff. If you got the old ravensloft stuff, pick up the Shadowfell box set for the despair deck and go to town (but avoid the mists, they can be tricky).

Strad is statted out in Open Grave. In fact with Open Grave and the Shadowfell box set you could run Ravensloft for a long time.

ForeverSlayer

Banned
Banned
Getting kind of worried that the elemental class book won't have a single elemental class.

Ideas like third edition swashbuckler should be done as themes or powers. we have enough classes for now. let's focus on support.

I would say that the Elemental book will contain builds and themes with no new classes. I could be wrong, but it looks like they think there are enough classes already.

Incenjucar

Legend

Ideas like third edition swashbuckler should be done as themes or powers. we have enough classes for now. let's focus on support.

I would say that the Elemental book will contain builds and themes with no new classes. I could be wrong, but it looks like they think there are enough classes already.

Yes.

I was hoping they would at least let the elemental power source get its foot in the door, but alas, nary a toe - it only gets to peak in through the window. Hopefully they change their minds eventually. In the mean time I'll just have to pick up their slack as best I can and develop my own classes. :/

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
The other thing that struck me as noteworthy was actually something that went unsaid: there doesn't appear to have been any mention of the Monster Builder. Aargh! When are they going to get it to the point where it can actually, you know, build monsters??

From today's Rule of Three:
You mentioned that the D&D Adventure Tools would receive a feature update this summer. We’re now into August, and we were wondering when we could expect that scheduled update for the Adventure Tools ?

The D&D Adventure Tools update that includes the features to build and more fully adjust monsters is currently scheduled for the tail end of summer, which in this case means September.

Jack99

Adventurer
Where's the meat?

No DDI update at all, like it is now somehow separate from how they are selling me D&D? Color me very disappointed.

I want a real monster builder. I want adventures. I want to give WotC my money, they just don't seem to want to give me an excuse.

I saw bag's writeup on DDI. There was nothing there about the actual tools at all. Notta.

And, they've been saying "we know you can't find the content on our site, we are working on that" for a couple of years. Which is amazing, there must be thousands of laid off web developers in Seattle alone that could make it so you can find stuff.

Real monster builder coming in September.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads