D&D with a twist

I did. Whether or not I still do is yet to be determined. Let me dig around a bit tonight when I get home to see if I still have them or not.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Hey, J-Dawg, guess what? I like. But you already knew that.

:D

And um, no, I don't see anything wrong with yoinking all the magic-using classes. But again, you already knew that.

I really like CoC d20's magic system. But again, oh never mind.

barsoomcore said:
Hey, J-Dawg, guess what? I like. But you already knew that.

:D

And um, no, I don't see anything wrong with yoinking all the magic-using classes. But again, you already knew that.

I really like CoC d20's magic system. But again, oh never mind.
Yeah, I guessed it. We seem to literally be sharing a portion of the same brain when it comes to RPG tastes. :D

I'm trying to not just replicate my earlier game, though, and do something different. Go back more to nominal D&D, and then depart from there in a different direction than I did last time.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talkin' about, check out the link right below this paragraph. Which sadly, was never completed due to scheduling issues with the group. In a nice stroking of my ego, though, some of those guys have expressed a strong and oft-repeated (to me, anyway) desire to try and pick it up where we left off...

http://www.wowway.com/~jdyal/dh/main.htm

Last edited:

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
There's something I've been trying to puzzle out for a while. How does the game run without the traditional divine spellcasters providing healing? Is healing necessary, and if so how do you provide it without them?

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Barsoom didn't have clerics or any divine magic, and that became a problem. I solved that by having a significant artifact that they needed throughout the campaign be capable of providing some healing.

And psions can do healing via Empathic Transfer and Body Adjustment, I think.

But I would recommend going away from a hit point system, actually, to something like VP/WP or the True20 damage track, where healing and hit point management is far less important.

blargney the second said:
There's something I've been trying to puzzle out for a while. How does the game run without the traditional divine spellcasters providing healing? Is healing necessary, and if so how do you provide it without them?
The meat of my "fix" was changing Heal to work like Treat Injury from d20 Modern. I also had level-based AC bonus, so the PCs didn't get hit as often.

And, there's some campaign management at work too--putting them in a "dungeon" and not letting them out until they've powered through the entire thing doesn't work. After big "set piece" combats, the PCs usually had to retreat to their lair for a few gamedays to lick their wounds.

JohnSnow

Hero
nyaricus said:
J-Dawg, is it possible that you ahve these RWDM articles saved as a pdf?

Would I do?

The formatting stinks, and it's a word document rather than a .pdf, but will that do?

I also have rtf and text versions.

Oh, and Action Points too. I can't remember if this is an actual rule, or a houserule, but we could burn an action point to stabilize at -1 instantly too.

jbuck

First Post
i LOVE the idea of deamons/fiends replacing deitys.
in my current campaign the PCs are al devin warriors created by the deitys to rid th world of the currently rulling deamons/fiends and their leader, a death giant who barganed for his soul back and became vastly powerfull. after the campaign i was planning for the PCs to witness their newly restoed gods (they were weakened by lack of worship at the start) kill all of the evil deitys. nice (in my point of view anyway) cinimatic epic ending to the campaign. but now i think that i'll have a few of the more powerfull deamons hide out and then kill off the good deitys whil they're weakened from the fight, fithout the PCs knoledge. then when they come back after wrighting great wrongs on other worlds they can deal with that problem too.

Remove ads